Chapter 7: A Reprieve

Lia was anxious to tell her parents about her being a vampire.  It was Friday now and the week went by fast.  She felt relieved when her mom told her that they were going on a cruise for two weeks to celebrate their anniversary.  It gave her a reprieve from telling them.  She helped them pack after her classes.  Her dad told her, "Make sure Jackson and Theo stay over when we are gone because I don't want you alone in the house.  The crime rate has gone up and many people have gone missing. We just want you safe."  She promised her parents that they would be staying over and asked if Bridget could as well.  It was a way to make sure she was safe.  Her dad and mom said, "Of course, Bridget seems like such a sweet girl." 

They left Saturday morning and Jackson was already there.  Theo came over and told them the big news of him taking Bridget out tonight on a date.  Jackson whispered low and huskily to Lia, "We will be having our date at home tonight, love and I will also train you to fight."  Lia felt chills go down her spine because every time Jackson would use that tone, it would make her weak at the knees.  Jackson wanted to train Lia because he didn't want Simon or his followers to hurt her. He also thought it was just in case anything happened to him.  She spoke, "I look forward to tonight but, Jackson, nothing bad is going to happen because we have our forever."  He nodded and said, "I know, love, and I did promise you.  I just want you to be prepared for our showdown with Simon." 

Lia finally calmed down after she realized he was just being cautious not meaning that something would happen to him.  Lia helped Theo get ready by picking out his clothes and Jackson told him not to worry because he had already done the hardest part by asking her out and kissing Bridget for the first time.  When Theo finally left to go get Bridget for their date at 5pm, Lia and Jackson went straight into training.  Lia's backyard was a perfect place to practice and train.  Jackson taught her self defense and how to use oak wood stakes to kill the evil ones properly.  She distracted him by flirting, then got the upper hand and had him pinned on the ground. 

Jackson was so proud of her on how quickly she took to learning all of the combat moves he taught her.  Lia's gym clothes were bright blue and yellow which showed off her toned body.  Jackson couldn't take his eyes off of her after they finished training.  He had his arms around her waist and their noses were touching.  He kissed Lia roughly and had her up against the patio bricks.  They were breathless after their kiss ended and Jackson said, "I love you, Lia.  You are my forever and always."  She replied, "I love you too, Jackson.  Our forever started the first day we laid eyes on each other."  He took Lia's hand and led her inside the house.  Lia went to go shower while he prepped the food to cook.  After he put everything together, he went to shower in the guest room. 

Theo was having a wonderful evening on his date with Bridget.  He took her to a nice steak and seafood restaurant.  He was dressed in a black sport coat, a button down white shirt, and khaki pants.  Theo had Bridget's favorite cologne scent on him which was sandalwood and musk.  Bridget got fashion advice from Lia before the date by texting and sending her a picture of the dress she was considering wearing.  They were already best friends like they both said they would become. Bridget wore a dark blue dress which had a slight sparkle to it.  When she first saw Theo, her heart was beating fast and her eyes glimmered with happiness. 

When they were talking at dinner, he said, "You always look flawless like a angel every time I see your face. I hope you don't mind me calling you Bri."  She said, "Not at all Theo!  You are truly sweet and are a gentleman.  I am so glad we met!"  He asked her to dance and their hearts felt filled with warmth, love, and pure bliss.  Their connection was undeniable.  He was the fire and she was ice.  They both had been through a lot and it was all thanks to Simon.  Simon killed her parents as well and Theo was going to make sure he would never get his hands on her.  He received a vision of Simon confessing to Bridget in the future, "I killed your parents and it was all so easy.  I get rid of people to make sure I get what I want which is your blood.  I will kill your boyfriend,  his "brother," and the one that got away from me.  You will all suffer." 

Theo snapped out of his vision when Bridget said, "I love you, Theo."  He gave her a loving look and said, "Good because I loved you ever since I bumped into you in the hallway."  He kissed her and they continued to slow dance.  Meanwhile, Jackson and Lia were eating chicken alfredo at the kitchen table under the hanging red and yellow lights that twinkled over them.  He wanted this date to be special by making it a romantic setting at home.  She told him, "Everything is wonderful!  Thank you so much, Jackson."  He had something in his pocket he wanted to give it to her. 

He got on his knee and said, "I want to start forever with you as soon as possible and I promise we will get married when you are ready.  I already asked your parents and they gave me their blessing since I said it isn't like we will get married tomorrow.  I promise you, love, that I will always be by your side and that I will never leave you.  I love you with all my heart.  Amelia Chase, will you marry me?"  The ring was a heart shaped diamond and on the band it was engraved, "My love, forever." She shook her head yes as her happy tears flowed effortless down her light blushed cheeks.  He placed the ring on her finger and kissed her lips. 

This was the happiest day of their lives. They were not in a rush to get married because finishing college and dealing with Simon were their top priorities. Theo and Bridget shared a romantic kiss in the moonlight outside of Lia's house.  They enjoyed being together and without saying a word they knew they were an item now.  Theo did not want to tell Bri about her parents yet because he would have to tell her everything.  They joined Lia and Jackson inside and were so happy for them.  Everything seemed to be falling into place, however, everything was too quiet.  Simon said outside Lia's house, "Have fun while you can because I am coming for you all!"  He laughed menacingly while his goons flattered him by following his lead.