Chapter 3: The Party

Jackson shared with Lia when they hung out at her house before the party that he had the power to calm people down and make anyone feel at ease.  He explained that since Theo and him were vampires they had super speed.  They ended up showing Lia how fast they could run when they were outside in the backyard. Lia's parents were already at work so it was safe to show off their vampire speed.  She thought it was cool watching them run so fast.  Lia said, "You guys are like the flash and superman all combined into one."  Jackson grinned from ear to ear and gave her a kiss.  Theo was very anxious and nervous about the party. He could hide his emotions unless it was about his loved ones that were gone. Theo knew that attending the party would be the only way to get the evil ones to come out into the open. 

Lia was secretly worried about what would happen at the party as well because her thoughts lingered on the cold, heartless, and evil vampires that wanted to suck every last ounce of blood out of her.  Jackson soothed her thoughts by saying, "Do not worry, love, nothing will happen because I will not leave your side."  Lia took a deep breath and shook off her feelings.  Their college classes were going to start soon and they got their class schedules. They were in almost every class together since they were all core courses for freshman.  Jackson noticed that Theo seemed secretive about something and guessed it was about some vision he saw.  He felt deep in his heart that something was going to happen at the party, but told Lia not worry so she wouldn't be on edge. 

Jackson got Lia to promise she would stay by him all night.  She smiled and said, "Of course, after all, we will be dancing most of the night.  You did promise to show me your dance moves, Jackson."  Lia gave him a flirty wink and sashayed away to go inside.  Jackson followed her and whispered from behind her, "And we shall be kissing in between dances as well, love." He sent shivers down her spine then she turned to meet his gaze.  Jackson smashed his lips onto hers.  It quickly became fiery and passionate between the two. Theo came into the room and said sarcastically,"Love birds your brother-figure doesn't need to see that."  They all just burst out laughing.  Jackson said, "Theo, you are one to talk, mister, I flirt and kiss every girl I see."  Theo changed the subject by replying ,"It's party time people! Let's go!" 

When they parked, the music was blaring from the party.  It was on the University of Texas campus at a huge fraternity house.  The place was packed with tons of people dancing, singing, and loads of drinking games being played.  Theo immediately went towards a group of ladies dancing.  Jackson shook his head at Theo and commented out loud, "One day he will find someone new that will make him realize being a flirt isn't making him happy."  Lia nodded in agreement with him. He took Lia to the dance floor to show her some dance moves. The song, Craving You, by Thomas Rhett featuring Maren Morris was playing. They were dancing very close when Jackson whispered in Lia's ear, "This song reminds me of how I always feel around you.  I know that we have not been together long, but I feel that I've known you all my life.  I love you, Lia." 

Lia gave him a kiss then replied, "I love you too, Jackson.  I am so glad you came into my life."  Theo was busy locking lips with a drunk brunette to notice that the bad vampires were present.  After the kiss, he saw a girl that looked like Rosie across the room. Theo went to go talk to her but she vanished in the crowd. His heart started to ache as he realized that his mind had played tricks on him because Rosie was dead. Lia and Jackson went outside for air after 3 hours of dancing.  When they were outside, they were attacked.  Jackson and several of Simon's goons were fighting until one of the evil ones snuck up behind him. Theo heard Jackson say, "Let Lia go." 

Jackson was suddenly stabbed with stake close to his heart and was bleeding. He was gasping for air while Lia was desperately trying to help him. Theo was filled with rage and anger as he rushed to the scene to witness what happened to his "brother."  He finished off the bad vampires with small stakes that they had brought with them in the car.  His eyes turned dark and his fangs were out. His movements were very controlled as he took every emotion he had built up inside of him for years. Jackson collapsed and Lia held him in her arms.  His face was turning pale white and his eyes were getting heavy. She said, "I can't have you die on me." 

Theo showed them both his vision of Lia being turned into a vampire.  This would save her from the bad vampires.  Theo's vision made it possible for Jackson to understand why this was Lia's future to be a vampire. He ended up confessing as to why he kept the vision from them.  He explained that it was the way it needed to happen and did not want to interfere.  Theo said, "I am sorry for keeping it from you both but it was for the best."  Lia thought that she did not know what she would do if Jackson died.  Jackson said, "I am not going anywhere, baby."  They embraced then said together to Theo, "You did the right thing Theo by not telling us." 

Lia knew that her life would be changed forever.  Theo's head was pounding and he received a vision about the girl he saw at the party being taken by Simon's minions in the future.  His eyes were filled with worry when he saw Jackson, Lia, and himself fighting to get her back. He heard her say, "Save me, Theo. I am frightened!" Jackson had to shake him out of his vision as hot sweat trickled down his face. All Theo said was a few words, "A girl that looks like Rosie is in danger."  The decision to save Jackson for Lia would be easy, but becoming a vampire made her nervous and uneasy.