Chapter 4: Life Changing

Lia held Jackson in her arms sobbing uncontrollably and he looked into her eyes conveying everything will be okay. She was determined to save him at all costs.  Jackson sighed and winced in pain from the bleeding wound on his chest. Theo reassured his friend that it was the only way to protect Lia from Simon and for him to survive the stab wound from the oak wood stake. Jackson touched his beloved's face and whispered, "This is going to hurt a little love but I will be gentle."

He kissed Lia on her lips first then went to her neck covering it with delicate kisses until she finally relaxed. Jackson fangs came out and bit her. Lia's eyes watered and tears cascaded down her face. It burned and the pain was unbearable. His wound healed completely. He felt extremely guilty for having to turn her. It was the last thing he wanted to do and he kissed where the bite mark was on her neck. He carried her to the car and she softly spoke, "You turned me because you would have died and Theo's vision of me being killed was a lot worse than having you turn me. I love you, Jackson. You are my forever and I would have wanted you to turn me at some point anyway."

Jackson shook his head with a slight smile on his face, "I love you too, Lia. The only reason I turned you was because Simon would have killed you the next time he tried to take you. I got used to being a vampire, but I didn't want this life for you. You are my forever too, love. You really would have asked me to turn you?" Lia gave him a grin and her eyes sparkled at him when he gently put her in the car. Theo spoke up and said, "Welcome to the vampire family and don't worry, everything will work out for the best. Cherish every moment you have with each other. Trust me you don't want to regret anything."

Jackson replied, "How is it that you are the wise one?" Theo chuckled and said, "From experiences, my brother." Theo was driving to their place while Lia was in Jackson's lap in the back. He played with her hair which made her fall into a comfortable sleep. Jackson carried her bridal style towards the house and placed her gently on the couch. Theo went to get blood packets for her to drink. She started to feel better when she drank them. Lia worried what her parents would think when she got up the courage to tell them. Jackson reassured her and said, "First, we need to get you used to being a vampire and then we will tell them when the time is right together."

Lia smiled and nodded at Jackson. Jackson suggested that he should stay over at her place to make sure the transformation into a vampire on her first night would be okay. He would come over when her parents were sound asleep. When Lia felt better, he walked her home. Theo whispered so only Jackson could hear, "Simon will retaliate for us changing her so we have to be very careful and come up with a plan to save the girl in my vision as well." Jackson grabbed Lia's hand and they walked silently in the moonlight. The full moon shined brightly in the pitch black sky and the stars were twinkling.

Lia spoke softly to say, "Jackson, are you still upset about changing me?" He gave her a kiss on her lips and replied, "Of course not because I understand it was the right thing to do. I just care about you so much and hated to see you in pain earlier after you started to transform. I never want to hurt you.  Seeing that made me want to take the pain away." Lia embraced him and replied, "I care about you, too, and it hurt me to see you almost die. Never die on me again, okay? Promise me?" He laughed and said, "I am not going anywhere, love. You will not be dying on me either. See you soon, Lia." She went inside her house and when Lia looked out the window, he was gone.

Her parents were waiting up for her. Thank goodness her bite mark had already healed completely. She noticed that when she touched her neck she healed it herself. Lia had healing abilities now. She also had vampire super speed as well like Theo and Jackson. She looked forward to trying it out with Jackson soon, she thought. Her dad and mom gave her a hug goodnight since they noticed she looked worn out from the party. Lia changed into her pajamas and waited for her parents to go to sleep. She decided to turn on a movie on her laptop and waited. It was ironic that she chose to watch Twilight because of what was happening in her life.

Two hours later, she heard a tap on her window. Jackson climbed the oak tree outside her bedroom window and was grinning from ear to ear. She opened the window and said, "Fancy seeing you here." He chuckled. His laugh always had a soft melody to it. Jackson said, "I believe my girlfriend was expecting me." She helped him inside and he then wrapped his arms around her waist. They started to kiss and he smiled at her in between kisses. Lia went to make sure her bedroom door was locked. Jackson said, "My life has changed but only for the better." He grabbed her hand and kissed it. They both climbed into the bed and snuggled close. Jackson softly whispered in her ear, "Goodnight, Lia you are the best thing that has ever happened to me."

He went and gave her a sweet kiss then put his arms around her. Lia smiled as she felt safe and warm in his arms. She replied, "Goodnight, Jackson, thank you for coming into my life." As soon as she said those words they both fell into a peaceful sleep.  However, Theo could not sleep because the nightmares had returned of when his parents and Rosie were killed. It kept replaying non stop in his mind.  Since seeing the girl at the party that reminded him of Rosie, he knew that he had to find and protect her.  He pushed the bad dreams of his past aside and tried to figure out who the mystery girl was and where to find her.