Chapter 8: Simon and His Attack

Simon Rourke had always been a vampire and was born during the American revolution.  His vampire powers have always been deadly to anyone that crossed his path.  He craves violence and being the most powerful vampire in all of the world.  Simon has never felt empathy, love, or pain.  In the 1930's, Simon wanted Theo's girlfriend, Rosie. He had stalked and, eventually, killed her for standing up to him.  He killed Theo's parents because they always tried to stop him from hunting down special humans for their blood to make him unstoppable. 

Simon always got what he wanted but it never was enough.  He even murdered his own family when he turned 16 years old.  He killed them for trying to make him a better vampire.  Simon would always be 20 years old since vampires can't age.  He has a plan to take down Theo and Jackson once and for all.  He was going to make them suffer for getting in his way for years.  He wanted to kill Lia and Bridget right in front of those pests.  When Simon thought of his perfect and flawless plot, his smile would curl and his stained teeth would be displayed for his followers to bow down to their fearless leader. 

His followers called him King Simon and waited on him hand and foot.  Simon had a throne chair that was blood red and he would sit in as his minions would do his bidding for him.  All he wanted was to take Bridget for himself and lead Theo to his doom.  The plan was set and it would all go down tonight since he found out that the girls would be at home alone. It was the perfect time to strike.  His laugh echoed through the hollow chamber in the dark filled basement.  His gray stoned brick mansion looked frightening. It was full of evil and despair. 

He prepared his goons to help snatch the innocent Bridget from Lia's house.  For the first time, he led his minions.  He knew that since he had the gift of seeing parts of the future that his plan would go off well.  He couldn't wait to face Theo and Jackson in the final battle and stab their hearts.  Simon was less confident facing them head on so he would lead them to fight him in his mansion where he felt safe and had the upper hand. 

Bridget and Lia were having a girl's day while they encouraged their boyfriends to have some guy time.  Theo and Jackson were at the sports bar watching a football game. It was New York Giants versus the Dallas Cowboys.  Jackson was for the Giants while Theo didn't care since his favorite team was the New England Patriots.  Bri and Lia enjoyed painting each other's nails, braiding each other's hair, watching romance movies, and talking about their guys. 

Lia thought that Theo should tell Bri soon about all of them being vampires and the danger she is in since Simon could attack any time now.  She snapped out of her thoughts when the front door broke open and Simon greeted them in the living room.  He spoke with a booming voice, "It's finally time for me to get what's mine!"  Lia stood in front of Bridget and yelled, "Run!"  At the bar, Theo got a vision of the girls being attacked. He was out of breath when telling Jackson, "We have to go, Bri and Lia are in trouble!" 

They ran as fast as their vampire speed would take them to find Lia fighting Simon.  She was knocked out cold when her head hit the table.  Bridget locked herself in the bathroom sobbing uncontrollably. Theo's fangs came out as he fought Simon's goons.  Jackson made sure Lia was okay and quickly carried her out to their place so Simon couldn't hurt her worse.  He put her on his bed and kissed her lips saying, "I will be right back, love. Simon will pay for laying a hand on you!"  He rushed off to assist Theo. 

Theo found Bridget and got her to unlock the bathroom door.  He didn't realize his fangs were still out.  Bri screamed, "What are you? Get away from me!  You're a vampire monster!"  She ran away from him and darted outside where Simon grabbed her.  Jackson was busy fighting two goons and turned to see Theo running past him.  All of Simon's followers that came with him were killed with oak wood stakes, but that didn't matter because Simon had Bri in his grasps.  Bri yelled, "Save me, Theo!  I am so scared!  Let go of me you evil jerk!"   Theo tried to catch up to Simon, but it was too late. 

Theo fell to his knees and screamed, "I am going to kill you Simon Rourke!  I will save Bri and get revenge for all of the humans and vampires you have killed!"  He started to get a vision and knew where Simon was headed.  Theo left without saying a word to Jackson.  Jackson touched his shoulder when Theo was having his vision and immediately knew where he was going.  He quickly went to Lia at his place and saw that she was awake.  She had healed her wounds and felt guilty when Jackson told her that Simon had Bridget.  He embraced her and said, "It wasn't your fault!  Simon knocked you out and we will end him, love.  Theo has already left for Simon's mansion.  Let us head out." He grabbed Lia's hand then kissed her lips to reassure her that everything would be okay.  They were off to find Theo and save Bridget.