❝001. ─ Compelled.

1991

1991.

"Oh fuck..." I murmured as my eyes adjusted to the darkness surrounding me, my entire body felt heavy and numb as I tried to move, nothing but the sound of leaves and tree branches wrestling underneath me. My eyes stayed fixated on the night sky above me, the stars were bold and beautiful, a sight that the city just didn't offer. While the view was quite beautiful, way I got here was far from it. My best friends decided that we should mark the end of completing the last semester of our freshman year of college by throwing a bonfire in the middle of the woods. 

Though apprehensive, I found myself being persuaded by the promise of free weed and all the beer I could drink, and I was paying for that decision at this very moment. Everything after my sixth joint and umpteenth can of beer was a blur, the last clear memory I have would be trying to find somewhere to break the seal. It then dawned on me that I must've passed out in the pursuit to relieving myself, and my friends were way too wasted to notice I was gone.

Finally, it felt like a weight had been lifted from my body and I had gained mobility of my limbs once again. I slowly at up in the grass and took another look around me, the trees swayed in the night air as the brisk wind swept through the woodland. The breeze of air was weird. The summertime had snuffed out any sign of a crisp or gentle wind weeks ago, but here I was wishing that I had a jacket. In Texas. In Late May. Suddenly, the sound of footprints interrupted my thoughts. Part of me wanted to yell for help, but the black girl in scary movies part of me, told me to stay my black ass quiet. Needless to say, black instincts always win.

 As the people got closer, I laid back down on the ground to keep from being spotted but they closer they got, the more evident it was that they were a couple, or just two strangers about to risk it all. He was spitting the smoothest lines and she was eating it up like it was served at a five-star restaurant. Her laugh was on the more annoying side, but his voice was deep and silky. He wasn't even talking to me, yet I felt like putty in his hands.

"You trust me, right?" The male questioned, only to be closely followed by the sound of a moan and a breathy "Yes." I really had to stay still now, any couple getting busy in the woods was definitely liable to kidnap me and make me a sex slave.

 "It'll only take a second." His voice filled the night air again right before the sound of agonizing screams cuts into the serene atmosphere. 

I cringed at the first bone-chilling scream that the female let out. Great, not only am I in the middle of fucking nowhere, but I'm also witnessing a murder. Yeah, bitch you're two for one tonight. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to find a xen place to go to in my mind, reaching for the necklace that my grandfather gave me, I began to silently pray. God and I hadn't been on the best terms since I was caught in a rather comprising position in the church parking lot, but I only hoped he would hook a sista' up one good time. The sound of grunting and a low growling sound begin to override the females cries. Though I was completely sure a human was committing this heinous act, it now sounded like she had gotten into a fight with a grizzly bear, and trust me, she wasn't winning.