❝0017. ─ U & I.

1992

1992.

It seemed like campus was more lively on the days I couldn't participate. The sun was high, the birds were chirping. Everyone was out and about either heading to class or just walking around showing off their latest fits. The air of an HBCU was almost mystique, the culture, the atmosphere was untouched and I wanted to be in the midst of it at this moment more than ever.

"Did you get that?" The voice asked, bringing my attention from the library window onto the male's face across from me, he could tell by the look on my face that I was completely lost, the 'huh' that left my lips was only a nail in the coffin. "How do you expect to pass calculus if you can't even listen for an hour a day? An hour?"

My eyes rolled up into my head and I huffed at my calculus tutor and close friend Donald, crossing my arms over my full chest. The boy was brilliant, but he was so damn boring. He had the deepest, raspiest, most nasally monotoned voice that could probably soak panties if he knew how to use it, but all he knew how to do with his mouth was bore me half to death every day at the same time.

"I'm sorry. But it's not like you make this any more interesting. I don't understand any of this shit, I'm trying. Just—. Please go over it one more time." I pressed my hands together as my bottom lip retracted from my duo and I poured, giving him the puppy dog eyes that normally worked on every male in my life, yet. He looked completely unphased. His beautiful honey colored irises were covered by a pair of glasses, but they still burned through my own brown orbs as he stared at me with the blankest expression.

He could've been very attractive if he wasn't such a damn stick in the mud. Physically, he was perfect. But the fact that he was the only student who would remind a teacher that we had homework due was a complete turn off.

"Your hour is almost up, and we haven't even touched Antiderivative and Indefinite integrals. We were supposed to do those last week!" He basically yelled, even though we were in the library, he closed his eyes to calm himself down.

"I'm starting to feel like calculus gets you off, and now you're just sexually frustrated. If that's the case, c'mon Donny. Talk nerdy to me." I joked as I leaned over the table, placing my pencil in my mouth seductively before an amused cackle leaves my lips. "It's really not that serious. We have 10 more weeks to learn this."

"I know this. I don't need to learn. And you have nine weeks to get your stuff tog—."

"Yo, what's going on?" My eyebrows raised as I heard the voice come up behind me, causing my neck to snap around quickly and I plaster a small smile on my face as my boyfriend, Nasir approaches us, draping his arms around my neck possessively as he sizes Donald up. "What you doin' in here with this wack ass dude? Nigga, why are you in here with my girl?"