Live Show Surprise (CrankGamePlays X Reader)

Start Date: 24 July, 2017

Origin: Contemplating Reading Your Comments #25 Late At Night  

Finish Date: 26 July, 2017

---------

(FYI: This takes place in 2019)

Huffing as I relaxed into the Q+A bit of Mark's third bout of live shows, I answered a fan's question, "I mean, yeah, I'm totally glad that my last relationship ended. It was one ended and just toxic for the both of us. Plus, he probably would have made me stop talking to Ethan anyway." I smiled, glancing over at my long term boyfriend. It was then I realised that my brother, his friends and my boyfriend were all huddled together and muttering to each other. "Hey, what are you idiots doing over there?" I fake whined.

I watched as Ethan took a deep breath and turn to me, a serious look plastering his face. I stared at him quizzically as I spied underlying nervousness. "Devόn," he started, walking towards me.

"Rut row', what I do?" I slurred, slightly afraid since Ethan never called me by my full name.

"Nothing, nothing," he laughed, dispersing some of his unease.

Now, standing only a foot away, his blue green eyes bore into mine, the rise and fall of his chest just as erratic as my own. He took another deep breath, "'I'm so sorry I'm so late. I tried to follow directions to your room, but I got lost and passed your room twice, and I'm just so sorry!'

"'It's alright, it's the first day, just have a seat,'"

"Ethan,-" I tried to interject.

"'Hey, you new?'

"'Yeah,'

"'What do you have next period?'

"'Social Problems.'

"'Neat! Me too, I'll show you where it is if that's okay.'

"'I'd love that.'

"'It's no problem, my name's Ethan by the way.'

"'Devόn, but you can call me Dev'

"'Devόn... That's cute."'

"Ethan, stop..." I whispered, but he continued anyway.

"That was the day I fell in love with you. It's cheesy as fuck, I know, but I don't care. That little flustered act and cute nervousness was enough to swoon me. And you know what? Four years hasn't changed a damn thing. I still have this cloud nine, butterflies in my belly, star-struck feeling every time I think about you. Even while we were apart for the first half of our relationship.

"It's funny because I remember two years ago someone asked me if I'd ever settle down. And to be honest, I really didn't know then. That was, until you came home from college. Once I started waking up next to you, falling asleep next to you and everything inbetween I realised that the only person I'd ever want to settle down with is you, Devόn.

"I'm so glad I asked you out senior year, in your car, at night, with Girlfriend by NSYNC* ironically playing in the background, because if I hadn't, " he paused to unearth a small box and sink onto one knee. "I wouldn't have the chance to ask you to marry me."

I looked at him, perfectly poised, holding up the velvet box. As I looked over the ring, I felt the first tear fall from my eyes. "Eth..." I squeaked.

"I saw it and immediately thought of you." he smiled. And he was right, that ring had me written all over it. It wasn't polished but not matte either. The big stone placed in the centre surrounded by beautifully crafted flowers made from the precious metal. "And what better ring to propose to you with than one that's calling your name?"

I couldn't say anything, I was speechless. Of course I wanted to marry my best friend. Of course I felt the same way he did. But I never expected this. I never expected to have an audience this large watching, waiting, expecting, my answer. "Ethan..." I cried again, hoping he'd get it. Of course, he read me like a book and rocketed up, pulling me into his arms. A large sob wracked my body as I cried into his shoulder. My loving boyfriend kissed my head as he tugged my left hand from between us, slipping the cold ring onto my finger. I cried harder into him as he did so, letting him squeeze me tighter, comforting me as the crowd of thousands cheer. As some time passed I finally lifted my head and grabbed his face. "Jesus Christ, I love you so much Ethan Nestor."

"I love you more," he muttered before I pulled him into the most love-filled, passionate kiss we've ever exchanged in four years.

---------

I have no words, okay? It was late and I wanted to write and this  happened. I named you Devon, but, its whatever. School is coming up way too fast, my laptop can stay alive long enough to actually write something good, so enjoy this cute fluff. My new laptop is supposed to ship on the fist, but I don't know how long it'll take to get here. I'm like half dating someone new, LIFE IS WILD RN OKAY.

Stay Beautiful everyone~

Michaela Jo