° P R O L O G U E °

When I was young, our house had always been so bright. It was very magical. My family were very close and we shared laughter every time.

My parents, my younger brother, Haru and I would gather in the living room and watch movies while eating snacks. We used to go out every Sunday, travelling to any places. 

We were so happy back then. Back then when we're still a family. When we're still not broken.
I thought that we were a perfect family, but I thought wrong. I was in 4th grade when my mom and dad agreed for a divorce.

I found out that my mom cheated on my dad, and I'm such an idiot for not noticing dad's sullen face when we eat dinner or when we watch movies in the living room. All those times, I wasn't able to see how hurt my father was every time mom's with us. Acting like she didn't do anything that kept breaking not only my father but this whole household.

I was too blinded by the fact that my family's perfect and nothing would break us apart because we loved each other.

My mom left with Haru shortly right after the divorce. I chose to stay with my father because I know I won't be able to look at my mom in the same way as I did before.
All that's left of her in me is hate. 

At such a young age, I learned to be independent. I did the household chores and I learnt how to cook since my father busied himself from work. He didn't forget to check on me from time to time even though he's busy, which is enough for me. I knew he was having a hard time that's why I didn't let my father see that I was having a hard time as well. I showed him that I was fine without mom, that I could live without a mom so he wouldn't be worried.

Right now, I'm studying hard to finish my studies, so I'll be able to take Haru back with us when I get a proper job after college.

Even though it's been 7 years since we got separated, I'm still praying that someday our family will be alive again. 

That our house will feel magical again. I hope to see that house I used to love.

---

Good day my lovelies! I'm back with a new book "In His Arms" is a side story of "My Brother's Bestfriend". You don't need to read MBB to understand this book because IHA will only focus on Mingyu's and Maru's story. The setting of this book happened after the summer Mirae and Wonwoo got together. Also, their story is inspired from the manga Taiyou No Ie and Ao Haru Ride. I hope you guys support this book just like my other works! Thank you guys! Have fun reading!

×mintywoo