× F I V E ×

choi maru

"Mingyu.."

He flashes me a smile and I stood there dumbfounded. "We need to stop meeting like this."

He was right. We really need to stop meeting like this. I wonder why it always rain when we see each other. I never liked the rain.

"W-why are you here?" I asked when I finally snapped out.

"I was just on my way home when I saw you. I figured you're troubled with something so I came to you."

Well damn he's right.

"Let me guess.. you don't have an umbrella, don't you?" He tilted his head. It was adorable when he did that. The hell am I talking about?

I nodded. Suddenly, he grabbed my plastic bags with his free hand. How can he carry all four of that?!

"I'll carry these for you." He offered. "N-no, it's fine. I can handle those." I said as I tried to get my groceries back, but he lifted it all making me unable to take it away from him. Holy sugar! How can he lift those 4 plastic bags with just one hand? Is he freaking superman or something?

"No. I'll do it so you behave and get under my umbrella, I'll walk you home." He commanded like he was in charge.

"B-but sunbae.."

"No buts. Let's just go, it's getting late."

I don't have any choice, do I? I sighed and just followed him. I get under his umbrella which made him smile in satisfaction.

The walk with Mingyu was quiet, He would ask me questions from time to time and I would answer him timidly. Just like a child being asked by a stranger.

It's not that I'm scared of him, he was very comfortable to be with honestly. It's just that, I'm afraid that when he keeps on being kind and sticking with me.. I'll get too attached and I don't want that. Attachment meant heartbreaks.

When we finally arrived in front of my house the rain still hasn't stop but it wasn't heavy anymore.

I let Mingyu inside since he insisted to bring the groceries in. He told me that I was too tiny to carry the plastic bags alone. I was slightly offended that he called me tiny, well he's too tall but still.

I led him to the kitchen and he put the plastic bags at the counter.

He scanned the kitchen and I just watched him wander. "Where's your parents?" He asked as he noticed that we're the only ones who's here.

"I live alone for the time being, dad is out of the country." I answered as I started rummaging the plastic bags and putting the items to their proper places.

He must've noticed that I didn't mention my mom, that woman rather. I'm glad he didn't asked me anymore.

Mingyu helped me by organizing the vegetables inside the fridge. Once done, I offered Mingyu a mug of hot chocolate since it's really cold because of the weather.

"Thanks for this, it really taste nice." He smiled and sipped on his mug.

"Chocolates are heavenly!" I suddenly exclaimed which made Mingyu surprised but started laughing as he saw how embarrassed I am. I just love chocolates so much, what can I do?

"So you love chocolates that much, that's cute." He said and I felt my cheeks heating up so I looked down and avoided his gaze.

He glances at his wristwatch as he finishes his drink. "It's getting late, I think I should go."

I don't know why I felt somehow disappointed when he said that he had to go. Maybe because his company was very warm and inside of me I'm craving for that warmth.