× N I N E ×

choi maru

          It's been two weeks since I started ignoring Mingyu sunbae and met Seokmin sunbae, who saved me from the bullying incident. All throughout the whole week, I did anything to get myself busy.

I hang out with Seulgi once in a while when she doesn't have council duties. I would see Seokmin sunbae sometimes but we did nothing more than just to exchange hi's and hello's.

Mingyu sunbae? I still see him from time to time but unlike before, he's not that persistent to get my attention anymore. Which is a good sign, I guess? But sometimes I would feel his chocolate eyes bore into mine even when we are distant apart.

Right now I'm at our classroom, making props for our horror booth for the school festival that will happen three days from now. I'm not really that hyper about the festival though because I always spent the whole day alone guarding our booth when I was on my freshmen and sophomore year. I guess it's the same for this year too.

"Hey Maru, can you take the garbage bag at the waste storage? Please? I still need to finish the costumes." One of my classmates pleaded and without hesitation I nodded my head.

"Really?! You're such a life saver Maru! Thank you!" She exclaimed in delight and patted my shoulders before returning on her working station.

I went to take the large garbage bag and my nose scrunched up as I realized that it was too big but I think I can manage.

I struggled on lifting the garbage bag and made my way out of the classroom without anyone helping me. When I finally took the garbage at the waste storage outside our building I quickly made my way out of the storage room while brushing my skirt from possible dirt.

As I got nearer to our building I could notice a figure standing just outside the back entrance. A very familiar figure.

I stopped on my tracks, my mind suddenly went blank, my heart started to race at the sight of him.

Mingyu..

He was staring at me with those brown eyes I've always adored and I must admit he got my steady heart wavering again.

I didn't realize he was already in front of me, his orbs never leaving mine.

"Maru.." My name slips out of his mouth in a murmur and I felt all my walls crumbling. His effects on me are strong, too strong that it scares me. It's like I'm going to lose myself.

He took both of my hands and his thumbs rubbing circles on it creating a warm sensation.

I looked at him, my eyes getting lost through his.

"I miss you." He said and that moment, my tears swelled out. My feelings came bursting out once again.

I pried my hands away and Mingyu panicked for a moment. My tears continued escaping out of my eyes and I sobbed so hard.

"You know what's funny? It's funny how I always break down when I'm with you!" I managed to cry out.

"I don't know how you do it but it scares me sunbae! Everytime I'm with you I feel like I deserve to be happy again, I feel like there's really someone who's actually there for me." He stood there processing all of my frustrations and I'm a bit glad that he stayed.

"I feel like I could be home again when I'm with you and it scares me!"

Mingyu suddenly grabbed my shoulders, "It's because you deserve to be happy and there's someone who's there for you and that's me! What scares you Maru?! Tell me!" He shouted at me the way he wants me to know that he wanted to know.