× F O U R ×

choi maru

          "So you're the cute junior Mingyu's talking about", Mingyu immediately nudge Seugcheol making him wince in pain.

I let out an awkward laugh as I don't know how I should react. I didn't know Mingyu would talk about me with his friends. I mean, I'm really an uninteresting girl. I know that myself. Why would he even bother?

After a few minutes of interrogating me, Seungcheol and Wonwoo sunbaes bid their goodbyes because they'll be having their next class. Hansol on the other hand got a call from his girlfriend and eventually left, leaving Mingyu sunbae and I alone.

"You can go if you want", I told him but he shakes his head and smiles, flashing his canines.

"I want to stay here, for a while. It's really nice here, isn't it?" He asks as he took of his coat, laid it on the floor and laid back on it.

I looked up and watch as the clouds slowly moves. "It is", I replied, letting the cool wind brush through my face and hair.

"Do you always eat your lunch here alone?" He asked. "Not really, only when Seulgi's not around." I replied as I fiddled with my fingers. I have absolutely no idea of what I'm supposed to do.

"Oh, Seulgi? I know her, she's Wonwoo's cousin." I nodded, I didn't know that. Seulgi never mentioned Wonwoo sunbae before, maybe she did and I must be having my own little world when she told me.

I didn't bother saying anything since I don't know what I should ask or say. I want to leave but half of me doesn't. I can't even understand myself.

"You're quite the silent type, aren't you?"

"And you're the talkative type sunbae". I blurted and I covered my mouth as I realized how rude it came out.

"Oh no, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that!" I shyly apologized as bowed my head.

"It's okay, I know you didn't mean to say it like that". He chuckles which made me sigh in relief. I'm not really good with words.

"You're talkative but not in a bad way. I'm not really good with words, sorry." I fiddle with the hem of my skirt, not knowing what to do.

"Aren't you scared being up here?" He questions, I looked at him in confusion.

"Well, you know? Rumors has it that this rooftop is haunted." He explained and I nodded in understanding.

That rumor has been circulating this school for so many years. I heard a group of girls from my class before that a student ended her life by jumping off this building about 5 years ago.

"Oh, that. I'm not really scared since I don't know if it's legit or not. I mean, it's just rumors", I answered.

He sat up and gave me one of his charming smile once again.

"I like your way of thinking." I felt my cheeks heating up, he's a very skilled flatterer.

"What about you sunbae? Why are you here anyway?" I asked my words coming out wrong.

Mingyu flashes a smile, "Who knows?" he answered making me look at him in confusion.

I didn't say anything anymore and so does he. I glanced at my watch and figured that I'm going to be late for the next class.

I stood up brushing my skirt in the process. "You going now?" Mingyu asked as he noticed me.

I nodded in response. "Well then, let me walk you to your class." He offered. "N-no, that won't be necessary." I stammered making a fool out of myself. Why am I being flustered?

"Oh, come on. Just today. Please?" He begged. He had that puppy eyes any girl couldn't resist and sadly, I think I am one of those girls.

"Fine, but just today." He smiled and nodded his head in understanding.

Gladly, there's only a few students at the hall when Mingyu walked me to my class. I don't want people to think of anything that will involve Mingyu.

"So here's your classroom?" Mingyu poked his head inside my classroom which alarmed me. My classmates starts whispering as they noticed that Mingyu sunbae is with me.

I lightly pushed him, my face getting red in embarrassment. He must've noticed that I'm getting uncomfortable with my classmates' judging looks and gossiping.

"Don't worry about them. We've done nothing wrong anyway." He smiled and lightly patted my head. I feel my cheeks heating up once again.

"Y-you don't understand sunbae.." I trailed off but he shakes his head and stared right through my orbs. "But I do", He said.

I looked at him in confusion. "Guess I'll be going then or else I'll be late. Bye, Maru! I'll see you around." He bid his goodbye, patting my head once more before leaving.

"You're very odd, sunbae." I silently mutter as I watch him make his way out of our building.

When I sat back on my seat, Seulgi immediately approached me with a very teasing look plastered on her face.

"What's going on between you and Mingyu sunbae?" Her eyebrows bobbing up and down.

Why would she think that? I could feel my cheeks getting warm.

"T-there's nothing going on between us."

"Sureee."

"I told you there's none, we just talked and he offered to walk me to our class." Seulgi had the widest grin I've ever seen, she's really ecstatic about this whole thing going on between Mingyu and I. Which is obviously non-existent.

"Alright, if you say so." She said, obviously not buying it. I just sighed and suddenly remembered something.

"Oh right, I'm not going home early later. I need to stop at the supermarket to get some groceries. Is it okay with you?" I asked her.

"Of course, I'll go with you. I remembered eomma asked me to buy some ingredients for dinner." She smiled and left to go back to her seat.

"I'll see you tomorrow Maru-ah, Bye!" Seulgi waved goodbye and I waved back at her as she leaves.

We were done with our groceries and Seulgi left first because she still has some place to stop by. I was left outside the grocery store with plastic bags on both of my hands. I sighed, it was quite heavy.

I was about to step out of the store's shed when the rain started pouring.

I didn't know what to do, I don't have any umbrella with me. I groaned in irritation, "Just great." I deadpanned.

"Maru?" I whipped my head at the familiar voice.

And there he was, standing in front of me with an umbrella over his head.

"Mingyu.."

--

Next chapter will be published after 25 votes and 13 comments!

×mintywoo