♡3- Oh Boy

Zoe's POV

Is it weird that no matter how hard I want to cry, I can't bring myself to it?

Sitting on the kitchen table with a pen and notepad in my hands,  I write my grocery list.

A knock on the door makes me jump and drop my notepad. Hayden comes walking in and I smile weakly.

"Oh hey Hayden. Startled me there for a second. Tray's not home though."

"I know I saw him at the gym. He told me what happened. "

My smile falters and I look down.

"Oh."

"I can't believe he did that though. " Hayden says scratching his head it was dyed white.

He was as tall as Tray and had golden eyes. Muscular but not in the unattractive way. His jawline wasn't as sharo but he had dimples in both of his cheeks. He was handsome but I dont think im in the position to try and be with someone again.

At least not right now, it's too soon.

Did he say he wanted to be with you though? Stop flattering yourself boo boo

Thanks. I deadpan to myself.

"Zoe?"

"Right um. I know. Its not what I expected from him." I sigh. " I thought we were okay."

Hayden comes over and gives me a short friendly hug.

"I um, I'm here for you and if you need me just call. I think you should have my number." He says awkwardly and I smile.

"I will."

"Uncle Hayden!" Ivan yells and I laugh shaking my head.

"Ayee." He drawls out as they do some handshake thingy.

"Sup'"

"Sup?' I repeat laughing.  What is Ivan doing?

"Shh mom I'm being cool." He jokes and I start choking with laughter as well as Hayden.

"You're taking this well. Im glad." Hayden whispers and I smile and nod.

I guess I am.

You're strong I remind myself. You're strong.

-----------------------------------------

Hayden left earlier after we talked over soda.

Yes. Soda.

It wasnt bad talking to him and to be honest everyone else moved away.

Natalia went to New Jersey.

Grayson went to the Caribbean.

Jaden's in jail.

Amelia is off...somewhere.

And Chris is back in Oakland.

So I'm alone.

I decide to head down to the office I assume Tray's already there.

Running upstairs, I take a quick shower and put on a creme chiffon blouse with a black pencil skirt and some creme flats. I pin my hair up and apply minimum make up.

I grab my purse and leave as the boys were already at school.

Upon entering, I see that the secretary still decided to show up and I scoff walking towards her desk. When she notices me, she blanches.

"Good morning. You're fired." I inform her giving her a fake smile and walking towards the elevator. Everyone looks at me and I'm used to it. Im one of the two bosses but I knew this time they looked at me for another reason.

They knew.

By the time I get off Im the last person on.

I walk slowly to the office we share, twisting he door I notice he's not here and I frown. No need to be slacking on his work too, this is a billion dollar business.

I sigh frustrated and walk towards my desk. Plopping on the chair I decide to check my email.

*From: Stephanir Green.

Mrs. Harvard, I am extremely sorry that I did what I did. It was completely unexpected and we both had needs.

What the hell

You're husband is amazing and I know that from the dates he took me on, the places he brought me and the food he would bring me when I was late for lunch. I enjoyed his company and we were doing fine until now. We didn't realize what we were doing and I hope you take him back because he is truly a good husband. A good man who made a mistake think of it that way.

*SINCERLY
STEPHANIE.

Is this child delusional?

I dont wven get what she was trying to say in this "letter".

Delete.

The rest was business related and a few from my friends.

30 minutes late, Tray saunters in and I grunt not looking up from the computer.

"You're late."

No answer.

"Is there a reason why you're late Mr. Harvard? "

No answer.

"Dammit Tray. You're the one wrong in this situation, stop making it seem like it's the other way around."

"I got caught up in traffic." Is all he says and I feel the tears.

He did this so why is he acting like I did something wrong.

"Im taking the day off. I'll work from home." I inform standing, willing the tears not to fall and he sighs.

"Zoe-"

"I'm taking the day off." I press glaring at him.

Oh now he wants to talk.

Grabbing my bag I walk quickly out of the office slamming the door on purpose.