14❤- I like it!

Zoe's POV

I was peacefully sleeping when I heard a commotion downstairs.

"Get out!" Tray yelled and I felt my eyes pop open. I bounce off of bed nearly tripping on my sheet.

Running downstairs I find Hayden standing calmy near the stove while Tray looked annoyed.

"What's going on?" I interrupted and both men's eyes turned to me. I was only on a T-shirt so imagine how I felt.

"Oh. Nothing" Hayden says as Tray says

"I brought you a wedding invitation."

Everything went silent as I looked at this man in disbelief.

"What is wrong with you?!" I scream with everything I have and my throat hurts. I grab a vase and send it after his head. He ducks and looks at me like I'm crazy.

"ARE YOU STUPID?! YOU MUST BE STUPID YOU UGLY-"

"Zoe.." Hayden says coming to stand in front of my and that's when I calm down trying to keep the tears at bay.

"Hayden... I-"

"Shh." He murmurs. "Tray I think you should leave. Take your invitation with you."

"Listen I-"

"Go away!" I yell, getting fed up.

I hear him sigh.

"Y'know, it's only a matter of time until he gets fed up of you too. Newsflash Zoe: You're not all that."

"Son of a bi-" Hayden connects his fist with Trays jaw.

"Hmm." Is all Tray says before leaving.

"You okay?" Hayden whispers. "I shouldn't ask that. Of course you're not."

I don't deny it, only smile slightly through the tears.

"I made something for us. How does salmon and rice sound?"

Delicious.

--------------------------------------------

"MOMMY!" 

There they are.

"Yes Ivan." I coo. He's turning 16 and he still acts like a little baby.

I love it.

"These two made me write that horrible note and they made me call the driver, and they made me tell the driver to take them to some fun place, but I didn't like it because, you weren't there."

I smile at my, yes, fifteen year old son, and shake my head at him.

"Mama's boy." Fia murmurs and she glares at him.

"You guys hungry?"

"Nah. We ate." Emilio replies kissing my cheek and Ivan smacks him behind his head. "SHE'S MY MOTHER TOO!"

"We're gonna head home." Hayden grins at the boys and I frown.

"Oh you're not spending the night?"

"I have work love." He sighs and I nod.

So do you, you idiot.

"Right. So do I."

"Let me walk you out."

Both Fia and him follow me and Fia hugs me before waving shyly at Ivan and walking to the vehicle.

I close the door behind me and Hayden smiles sheepishly at me.

"I'll see you.."

"Tomorow. For lunch of course. Why don't you come to my restaurant."

"Yea?"

"Yea."

"Okay. I will." I smile and rock on my heels.

"Well..I guess I'll get going."

"Yep. Haha. I'll...see you tomorow."

"Right."

"Yep."

"Y'know what. Can I kiss you?" He suddenly says and I freeze.

"I, yes." I breathe out and he grins.

"Good."

Bringing my face closer to his by cupping my cheeks, he slowly but surely connects his lips with mine. It was slow and simple, nothing rushed. It was prolonged either. It was just....neccessary.

When we were done, he rests his forehead against mine and whisper:

"I thank God everyday that you gave me a chance."

----------------------------

Knock Knock!

What the hell?

Its probably midnight who is that?

Walking towards the door, I find Hayden through the peephole.

"Hayden what-"

Rushing in, he slams the door behind him and grabs my face joining his lips to mine. I tense for a moment before giving in and melting into him.

Pulling apart and breathing hard, "I thought you had work." I whisper and he shrugs.

"I can drive to work from here." He murmurs showering my face with kisses and I giggle.

"What has gotten into you."

"I missed you. I..I need to hear you, feel you..I just needed you." I look at him strangely before melting into his arms.

"We saw each other less than 3 hours ago." I murmur, closing my eyes at his warmth.

"I don't care."

Can someone really feel like this only after less that 72 hours?

I don't know.

He lifts me and carries me upstairs. We lay in the same bed as he removes his shirt and pants and lay next to me.

Almost asleep:

"I really like you Zoe." Hayden murmurs. "You don't know what I've been through, what I'm still going through but I swear, you're my light when I have to walk in it. I've known you forever, except not really the 'known' I've watched you, I know it sounds creepy but when Tray would invite us to watch the game or when you would come to basketball practice cheering him on. Maybe it was a Sunday lunch and you invited everyone. Lord, you were beautiful. You never once glanced too long at any of us even when we were shirtless. You were faithful. You don't deserve this."

My heart soared in my chest and I knew he thought I was asleep so after a while I sigh and whispered.

"I know."