💖8- Oh Snap

Zoe's POV

Feeling sick to my stomach I run off in the direction of the bathroom.

"Zoe!" Hayden calls out but I keep running.

Pushing open the first stall, I kneel over and heave.

I haven't eaten anything.

Hayden comes in next and I try to pull the door but its too late. He looks furious as he kneels beside me, his hand on my back patting lightly.

Finally, greens stuff comes out and I'm really embarrassed that Hayden was here.

Bile.

"Oo. You haven't eaten." He mutters when I'm done and I nod.

"I'm sorry you had to see that"

"Its alright. I would do it all over again if it meant giving you comfort." He says in all seriousness and I smile and rinse out my mouth as he gives me a mint.

"Thanks...for everything..."

"Don't thank me Zoe. I'm here for as long as you want me to."

--------

"I can't believe Tray's doing that though."

"Sigh. Almost 16 years of marriage down the drain." Hayden says and I shake my head pushing my pasta away.

We were currently at olive garden still talking about what happened and I am proud to say that I haven't shed a single tear.

"Y'know what. He's obviously living his life. What am I doing here moping around. I've got money to make Hayden. I'll talk to you later." I kiss his cheek quickly and half way out the door I freeze and blush.

Spinning around I was about to talk when he grinned and said.

"Ah!" Interrupting me." Let it be. I liked it."

Shaking my head I giggle and start walking towards my car.

I liked it too.

------

Fresh, neatly dressed and beautiful, I walk into my office and find Stephanie and Tray.

No worries I prepared myself.

"Good morning." I smile tightly

"Zoe... I didn't know you were coming in today."

"Oh well, as the person who has more grip on the contract I can come in anytime I want." I warn and he goes silent. Smiling with satisfaction I sit at my desk and continue work for the day.

-------

I am so hungry.

Stupid and stupider over here are feeding each other and all that disgusting goo goo ga ga nonsense.

As soon as I rest my head the door swings open.

"Beautiful! Where art-" Hayden comes in with a dish in his hand and I thank the heavens.

"Hayden!" I yell happily. I just wanted the food to be honest.

He was fully clothed this time but in his work attire.

He barely acknowledges me calling out to him, instead his eyes are glued to Tray's.

"Is that mine?" I ask breaking the silence and he turns to me, his eyes softening.

"Yea... Sorry I'm late. I have to run too, lunch hour is busy."

"Aw. You didn't have to leave your work for me." I smile sheepishly taking the food almost forgetting that the goblins sat in the corner.

"But I wanted to." He winks.

"Hmm." Stephanie says lowly, while looking between us and Hayden's eyes harden, I grab his chin to keep him from looking from over there and I notice his breath hitch under my touch.

"Thank you Hayden."

It's his turn to smile sheepishly.

"No problem ma lady. Wanna do something tonight?" He whispers and I giggle slightly.

Get a grip girl!

"Um, sure but we can do it with the boys...I haven't been spending time with them ever since..." We glance in their directions and looked back at each other nodding.

"Right.. I'll bring Fia. See you at... 8?"

"Great, see you at 8"

"May I?" He whispers again and I look at him confused before he leans in and taps my cheeks with a little kiss.

"Well I must be off! It was nice seeing you two..." He mutters sarcastically and I shake my head amused.

Walking back to my desk with a huge smile on my face. I ignore the curiosity of the ugly ferrets and open my dish to find...

Lasanga, beans, steak, grilled fish, rice, potatoes, and salad.

And the smell-

LAWD!

This better taste as good as it smells.

-------

Stephanie spent the whole day in the office.

It was 7:30 when I finally wrapped up my last shipping invoice and I packed up.

"Have a great night."

"You too." Stephanie called out sarcastically but I chose not to take notice. Almost at the elevator, a voice calls out.

I find Tray jogging towards me and this I wanna hear.

"I'm sorry okay? I'm not the one telling my feelings what to do. I love you I really do but I fell in love with Stephanie and it was refreshing. I did ask her to marry me. It may seem quick but its what I want. I hope you understand..." He looks hopeful and I just stare at him.

"I can't believe I married a little boy." I shake my head walking into the elevator.

"Excuse me?" He scoffs.

"Boy you heard damn well what I just said." The elevator closes in his face just in time to give that dramatic effect you only see on TV.