Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I woke up to knocking at my door. "Go away," I yelled and covered my head with a pillow. The knocking continued and I groaned. "I said," I started, and opened my door. "Go a-" I stopped myself. My Irish friend wrapped me into a hug. Another round of tears threatened to come. He walked inside, shutting the door behind him.

"Rissa, why did you move?" He scanned my room. "You're coming back, right?" Niall finally looked at me.

"No, Niall. I'm not. Seeing Harry would be torture." I walked to the mini fridge and grabbed a soda, tossing Niall his own. "How long are you staying?" I popped the top of my coke and sat down on my bed.

"I'm staying until the last day of the vacation." Niall took a drink of pop, setting it down so he could unpack his suitcase. I pointed to the bottom drawer of the dresser.

I swallowed and asked, "So how's Harry acting. I'm mean does he know about what he said?" Niall stopped what he was doing, and came to sit by me.

"That's actually why I came. Harry said it wasn't about you, He pushed you from his mind because he wanted to keep you secret. He told me that he wanted you and your babies safety a priority." Niall gave me a reassuring smile and hugged me. A single tear fell, but he wiped it away. So, Harry wasn't meaning me? If he didn't mean me, why hadn't he called? "Please don't cry." Niall looked into my eyes. There was this sparkle, but it faded. "How many months?"

"Four and a half." My gaze shifted from Niall to my stomach. It already had a bump. "I haven't had an ultrasound yet." Niall was already standing up.

"Get dressed, and I'll take you." I smiled, got my clothes and ran to the bathroom to change.

As I stripped and got dressed I talked to Niall. "Why hasn't Harry called me? He usually would have by now." Niall didn't answer right away.

"He's mad at himself and he knows he's probably hurt you. He's scared to." I smiled slightly. Harry was upset at himself and he was scared. . .my poor baby. "You ready yet?"

I opened the door and looked at Niall, whose gaze was on me looking me up and down. "Yeah." He looked at my face and we shared the same smile. "Let's go." He handed me my purse, and we walked out of the room. Silence filled the air between us all the way to the hospital. "Thanks for coming with me." My eyes never made contact with him. "And thanks for coming in general. Knowing what I know now, I wish Harry would have come."

"You're welcome. I know he would've tried to explain." I could tell he was smiling. "Come on. Let's go see what we have." I looked at him. "I mean you." He smiled nervously and we walked into the building. "Hi, can we see a doctor?" The women smiled.

"Ultrasound?" I nodded, and she took me back to a room. A man in his early 30's walked into the room.

"You're Niall Horan." Niall smiled and nodded. "My daughter loves you." I smiled over at Niall. "She watched an interview last night on her laptop from a while back and it said you were single." Niall looked up at him.

"We're just friends." His smile faded, and he looked at his hands. "Actually, he's more like my brother."

"Ah, okay. Lift up your shirt to about right here." He touched a rib and I did what he asked. "This may be cold," the doctor smiled, carefully putting the cold gel on my tummy.

"Cold," I squeaked! Niall laughed. The doctor turned the machine on and did what he had to do. My eyes couldn't take their eyes off Niall. The doctor motioned for him to come over. "What," I asked suddenly becoming nervous. The doctor was pointing at the screen repeatedly. Niall was nodding. "Guys?" They ignored me and kept talking. Niall smiled. "Hello?! Guys! What's wrong!" Niall snapped his gaze to me and walked over to me.