09 • Decisions

It was the day of the coronation. The whole kingdom had gotten together to witness prince Ben become king. Everyone at the castle was excited as they waited for prince Ben to arrive. "Oh, and there comes Ben now." Snow White, who was the reporter of the evening, told everyone who was watching from their home.

Nia and Ben sat in the carriage as they were driven down to the stairs. Nia stared at the box in her hands that she had gotten from Mal a few hours earlier. She knew exactly what was in it. The anti-potion brownie. Ben noticed that the green-eyed girl stared at the box, so he grabbed her hand. "Don't be nervous." The brunette looked at him. "All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful." He pushed her leg playfully. "No problem there." Nia smiled at don't even think about it. "Thank you."

"Nia, would you wear my ring?" He asked her, starting to take off his ring. "Um.. not know." She stopped him. "I think it would probably just fall right off of me." Nia knew that she couldn't wear that ring. She wasn't ready for such a commitment yet. The brunette thought that she still had feelings for a certain pirate, but she wasn't sure.

"I have something for you." Nia told the prince sitting beside her. "For me?" He grinned, surprised at her. "Yeah." He took the box from her. "It's just for later, you know, when you need strength. Some carbs to keep up your energy." He opened the box. "Always thinking." He complimented her as he took the brownie out. "But I cant't wait." Then he took a bite. "No!" Nia yelled out to him. He was not supposed to eat it yet. "Mm! This is really good." Ben told her with his mouth full of brownie. "Uh, do you," Nia didn't know what to do. She was on the verge of a panic attack. "Nia?" He asked her, worried if she was okay or not. "Do you feel okay?" The brunette was worried. This could ruin her plan. "You bet." He smiled at her.

"Would you say that you're still in, that, that you have very strong feelings for me?" Nia had to make sure that this wouldn't ruin her plan, or else she would have to come up with something on the spot. "I'm not sure." He said as he put the bow down. "I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect." Nia nodded. "Okay." That's when she fully realized what happened.

Ben started to laugh at her. "What? You knew?" She was very confused at this point. "That you spelled me?" He smirked at her. "Yeah. Yeah, I knew." The young prince laughed. "I can explain myself." Ben looked at her. "No, look, it's fine. I mean, you had a crush on me, I was with Audrey. You didn't trust that it could happen on it's own." Yeah, let's go with that version of the story. "Am I right?" Ben asked her. "Yes." Nia nodded her head. "You're so right." She hesitated a moment before she asked the question that was burning in her head. "So then, how long have you known?" The young girl looked at don't even think about it. "Since our first date." He told her. "Your spell washed away in the enchanted lake."

"So then what? You've just been," Nia paused for a moment. "Faking it since then?" She was confused and a little bit hurt. She would never forgive him if he had just been playing her. Ben grabbed her hand, putting on his ring before he kissed her hand. "I haven't been faking anything." He looked her in the eyes as she smiled, happy that he hadn't been playing her.

They arrived at the castle, Ben helping her out of the carriage. "Princess!" Snow White came up to them. "Now, let's see who this beauty is wearing." She looked at a card, "Evie." Snow White read. "Someone named Evie designed her gown." Ben took Nia's hand as they walked up to his parents. Belle smiled at Nia. "Abut the other day, I just-" She was cut off by the king. "I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy." Ben looked at his dad. "You also thought me that a king has to believe in himself." The prince told him. "Even when it isn't easy."