Fourteen

A.N Just want to thank you guys so much for giving me nice comments and voting for this story. You guys are making me want to update more often. Cheeky buggers.

-Emma x

-------------------------

I've been back at the office for about a week now and I feel more willing to do stuff. Phillips had asked me to go back and train some soldiers for the war. Normally I would say no but I found myself saying yes. Peggy didn't come as she thought I was good enough to handle it by myself. So far I was doing okay. But I kept seeing the guy that I bumped into a couple of days ago back at the office. You know, the black dude with the black coat? Yep, him. He never says hi, or waves, or do anything to interact with me. He just stands there and stares at me, and as soon as I look away and back again, he's gone. It's weird and creepy and I ask Phillips about him but he just says he's inspecting for some reason. I try and shake him off but he just comes back to put him back in my mind. It's really creepy.

"You know it's weird seeing you back here without me having to guide you" I turned to see Peggy with her arms folded walking towards me. I smiled and walked towards her hugging her. We haven't seen each other for a few days as I've been busy and so has she.

"I know. It's weird not having you around everyday to guide me. And shout at me" I joked and she laughed.

"Oh you don't need me anymore. You're too good for me now" She smiled as we looked upon my soldiers I had been training. They were doing star jumps making my mind go back to when I saw Steve doing star jumps and he jumped over a grenade even if it was fake.

"You're thinking about him again. I can tell"

"How do you do that?" I asked and she laughed. "Every time"

"Your face when you think about him is always the same. Look like your in the clouds but have a slight smile thinking about him. Plus it happend's every time you're near something that reminds you of him." I smiled at her before I looked back to my soldiers looking tired. I felt they had done enough for now so I blew a whistle.

"Times up lads. You done good" I nodded to them before Phillips walked behind up behind us.

"Agent Gomez, Agent Carter"

"Colonel Phillips" We saluted and he nodded making us put our hands down.

"I need to talk to you two." Me and Peggy looked at each other before I assigned a soldier to look out for my group whilst me and Peggy followed Phillips. We had no idea what he wanted since I hadn't seen him for a good 4 days. "As you know we tried to make a better soldier out of Rogers. Luckily it worked." He started as he lead us to a car.

"Um not to seem rude or anything but where exactly is this whole thing going?" I asked as me and Peggy stood on one side of the car and Phillips stood on the other. Why was he bringing up Steve now?

"All will be explained Gomez. Be patient. Now get in the car, I need to show you something and it's not very close to us right now." Phillips said before he got in the car. I looked to Peggy to see if she knew anything but she shrugged her shoulders and got inside the car. I groaned and got in with her.

"So where do you think we're going?" I asked Peggy as we've now been in the car for around 20 minutes.

"I know no more than you do." I leaned my arm on the window and sighed.

"Do you think he's gunna fire us?" I asked her. I could see Phillips trying to ignore us up front but he couldn't really.

"If he was why did he mention Steve before?" She looked to me and I pondered why he did mention Steve? It's been a few weeks since that whole thing happened and not once has he mention Steve to me. It's weird but understandable.