36 I'm Harano, what do you want?

"He’s… really a boy?" Chiaki had hollow eyes as she stared at Hoshi: "I feel like… I’ve lost…"

Don’t admit defeat so readily, Prince Wakaba!

"I think… he’s more feminine than most girls…" Mika muttered to herself.

Don’t let your worldview become warped, Mika!

Hoshi Amami’s appearance was quite a blow to both girls.

That was evidence of just how striking Hoshi’s appearance was as a trap.

‘Okay, calm down.’ Seiji forced himself to cool off.

He didn’t want to meet this person at school since he didn’t want to attract strange gazes from everyone, but… evidently that wouldn’t be possible anymore, so he could only accept it.

Or should he harden his heart and chase him away?

No. That wasn’t an option because Seiji wasn’t a bastard who would harm his friends’ feelings just because of strangers’ opinions.

Yes, even though he was rather annoying, Hoshi Amami was still his friend, not to mention an otaku friend that was so difficult to come by.

"You could have just called or texted me if you wanted to talk," Seiji said as he opened his own lunchbox.

"Although that works as well, I wanted to see Senpai in person… I kept imagining what it would be like to eat together with Senpai at school." Hoshi took out his lunchbox as well.

"Why… does it feel like I’m still at the confectionery store?" Seiji sighed, "Also, I said it before as well, right? You need to be more aware of your own actions and appearance. Stop saying things that are easy for others to misunderstand, otherwise you’ll become food for otakus like ourselves. For instance, in the store, being stared at by everyone makes you uncomfortable as well, right?"

"Mm… even though it’s a slightly odd feeling, but if it’s Senpai…" Hoshi looked at Seiji, "I think… I can accept it... I wouldn’t mind."

"Please, don’t just accept it! Pay more attention to yourself, bastard!!" Seiji commented forcefully again.

"Okay~" Hoshi giggled. It was evident that he was enjoying this conversation.

‘Harano-senpai… he’s so amazing, he always speaks his mind, and says what he believes is right… Even though he obviously dislikes being stared at by girls fantasizing about BL, he cares more about his friendship with me! He’s… such an awesome friend and senpai!’

If Seiji had the ability to see Hoshi’s favorability rating towards him, he would have discovered that this conversation was causing Hoshi’s feelings towards him to skyrocket… and he definitely would have seriously considered chasing this guy away.

But unfortunately for him, Hoshi Amami was a "cute boy", not a "beautiful girl," so the system didn’t give him any notifications!

Chiaki and Mika were affected by Seiji’s calm acceptance of the situation and returned to their senses as well.

However, the sight of Seiji chatting away with an impossibly beautiful boy was exceedingly difficult for them to swallow...

"Chiaki… could it be that… Seigo likes that type?" Mika’s imagination was running wild, and her face turned ashen white.

"No… take a closer look—they don’t have that type of relationship. But… I gotta say that this sight is... rather ambiguous and easy to misunderstand. It’s probably a delicious banquet for some girls as well." Chiaki sighed deeply.