50 Snow girl

The student council vice president, Hitaka Shuho.

As a red-haired, red-eyed beauty, her outer appearance was already quite flashy. Plus, she had something akin to a warrior’s spirit emanating from her and always accompanied President Natsuya Yoruhana as if she was the president’s personal bodyguard, making her relatively popular within the school.

Actually, when Seiji met her for the first time, he almost felt as if she was a swordswoman from some video game. He didn’t meet her the last time he visited the student council room, so he decided to observe her closely this time around.

Hmm… She definitely had a warrior’s aura, and especially now that he knew she was one of the president’s Spirit-branded Retainers, Seiji wondered if she was actually a living version of Rurouni Kenshin from his previous life…

If possible, he wanted to ask her to try using Kenshin’s ultimate technique…

*Cough cough.* He went off on too much of a tangent.

Faced with Seiji who was obviously studying her intently, Hitaka Shuho ignored it as she was already used to such a thing.

Seiji seemed appreciative of her without showing any perverted lust, which was acceptable. However, Hitaka noticed that his eyes seemed to be shining with a strange light.

Hitaka didn’t know what it was, and although she was a bit curious, as long as it wasn’t enmity, she didn’t really care.

"Hey, President Yoruhana." Seiji greeted Natsuya, who sat by the round table. After greeting her, he suddenly noticed two unopened luxurious-looking lunchboxes resting on the table.

"Welcome back to the student council room, Harano-kun." Natsuya smiled warmly.

"I feel bad about bothering you during lunch break." Seiji scratched his face awkwardly: "Do you two… often eat lunch here?"

"Yeah, it’s nice and quiet…" Natsuya averted her gaze slightly.

"Why aren’t you eating together with your friends outside?" Seiji detected something and continued asking along this line of thinking.

"Milady doesn’t need useless friends." Hitaka Shuho stated coldly as she opened her mouth.

After a period of silence.

Natsuya Yoruhana sighed.

"Okay, I’ll admit it… Hitaka, you don’t need to clumsily cover for me any longer; it’ll just make things more awkward."

"I’m not covering for you at all; there’s hardly anyone that’s worthy of becoming Milady’s friend." Hitaka’s expression showed she remained convinced of the validity of her previous statement.

Natsuya smiled wryly as she looked in Seiji’s direction.

"In school, I don’t have any close friends. If I wanted to, I could eat lunch together with many other students, but the atmosphere would always feel a little strange… It’s not relaxing at all. Also, I… I’m not sure if I should be making friends with ordinary people. You’re aware of my true identity, so… there are restrictions I must observe."

Seiji nodded sagely.

"Your worries are that of a young mistress from a powerful family."

He didn’t even know how to respond as she was unexpectedly forthright with him about her situation.

A scion who could naturally eat lunches together with commoners… this scenario wasn’t realistic, albeit it wasn’t impossible either…

A real scion like Natsuya Yoruhana would possess excellent etiquette and appearance, not to mention her outstanding field of vision and the virtue of her self-cultivation… In conclusion, everything about her would be far above ordinary people.