42 - Juumonji Grup

That night, Takashi Kobayashi felt a wave of regret wash over him as he remembered his previous word.

The person who saved them obviously didn't want to have his identity revealed, and if he was Siego Harano, then that meant that he had exposed the identity of the person who saved him... Wasn’t that the act of an ingrate!?

As a delinquent, Takashi Kobayashi wasn’t exactly a paragon of virtue, but he had his own principles as well; he would never sell out someone that had helped him before.

But he already said it out loud without thinking, and the information was forcefully obtained from him by that blonde girl and her overwhelming aura.

Thus, he could only pray that Seigo Harano wasn’t the person that she was looking for.

On Monday during classes, he observed Seigo Harano closely for a while, and as a result... he became certain that Seigo Harano was the masked person they were seeking!

He was both shocked and depressed at this.

When the blonde girl called him and asked him about the results of his observation, Takashi Kobayashi told her on purpose that he had been mistaken.

But maybe his acting skill were poor, or the blonde girl just didn't believe him, she still forced him to secretly take a photo of Harano and send it for her to decide.

Takashi Kobayashi could only obey her.

He was only a normal person, after all; if he disobeyed the mafia, there were plenty of ways for them to punish him.... And besides, even if he resisted with all his might, it wouldn't be difficult for them to obtain the information they wanted.

He and Kahei Watari only unimportant characters in the grand scheme of life; the were taken advantage of because they were easy to make use of.

A few seconds after, he sent her a cell phone picture of Seigo Harano, and she subsequently comfirmed that Harano was the masked hero.

She could confirm instantly just through a cell phone picture!?

Takashi Kobayashi felt even more afraid as he confirmed how resolute the blonde girl was.

Everything else that happened was only natural; Kobayashi was asked to bring Seigo Harano to the plas that she requested, or else the blomde girl would take her goons and wait directly in front of the school.

After consideration... well, there was actually nothing to consider—Kobayashi and Watari could only obey.

...

"I see." Seiji finished listening to Kobayashi and Watari’s explanation.

"I’m so sorry, Harano-san..." Takashi Kobayashi bit his lips regretfully: "If only I didn’t say it out loud back then, you wouldn’t have..."

"Even if you didn’t say it, as long as they seriously searched for me, I would have been discovered sooner or later." Seiji sighed, "Aren’t I right, Miss... Kaede Juumonji?"

Light laughter resounded from the direction of the passenger seat.

"Indeed, although it might have taken some time, all you wore was a simple mask, and there were so many videos taken..."

"Did you hear her? There’s no need to beat yourself up about it; even though it did give me some trouble, you didn’t do it on purpose, so forget about it." Seiji smiled at Kobayashi.

Takashi Kobayashi nodded, but inwardly, he remained ashamed of himself.

"By the way, Kobayashi-san, you’re quite perceptive. I’ve never even talked to you before, and even though I wore a mask that night and tried to speak in a lower voice, you still recognized me." Seiji changed the topic by praising him.