1.4

Sitting on the sofa eating ice cream has become a regular occurrence and not because I'm distraught over a breakup, because I'm genuinely lonely and have nothing better to do. Sarah's always busy now with Lucas anyway, things are moving quite fast but she's evidently happy and I won't stop that. I'm so ecstatic that she's found someone but every time each one of them speaks about one another I can't help but feel a huge pang of jealousy in my stomach; I have no idea why. Is it down to the fact that I'm lonely or is there even the slightest possibility of me having feelings for this random I have been texting? The doors usual click rips me from my thoughts, I draw my eyes to the door to greet Sarah after her date tonight but not only is she entering, so is Lucas. The Lucas I know. The Lucas I've only ever seen in a mirror selfie. My jaw drops, my eyes capturing something I didn't want my first impression of Lucas to be, he and Sarah in a heated make-out session. She is hastily removing his shirt as they both pant for air, this is rather awkward.
"You're home!" I smile from the sofa, uncomfortably clearing my throat. "Ice cream?"
"Poppy, I had no idea you'd be up!" Sarah exclaims, her jaw dropping and her cheeks flushing red with embarrassment.
"Y'know, every time you say that I'm up and on this sofa with ice cream," I smirk, showing them my bowl.
"You're as sarcastic as I thought you'd be," Lucas adds in, a grin on his face, and as soon as I come to the realisation that he's actually standing there - in my flat, shirtless, my own cheeks flush beetroot red.
"What do you mean? You know each other?" Sarah asks both of us, handing him back his shirt.
"Yeah..." He confirms, itching the back of his neck awkwardly. I don't think he planned to out us like that.
"Didn't think to mention it?"
"I didn't think it was important," He sighs.
"Poppy?"
"You never asked," I whisper, feeling guilty despite not really being guilty of anything bad.
"Wow," she sighs. "I'm going to bed."
"And I'll join you," He flirtatiously cheers, winking at me as he follows her through. I groan to myself, pressing play to continue my show in hopes of forgetting that awkward encounter ever happened.

Clattering from afar awakens me, my eyes fluttering open to the muted television illuminating the dim room. I stretch, ignoring the clattering but it's persistent I find it impossible. I huff, sitting up lecture Sarah for being so loud, but I'm taken aback when I find Lucas looking for a glass half naked.
"Evening," I begin, he jumps in fear.
"Early morning," he smiles, casually leaning against the counter. I jump up to join him, pouring him and I a glass of water. 
"So, we finally meet," I smile, doing the same as him, trying to keep my eyes up at his face rather than let them slip to check out the body of the guy my best friend is dating.
"We do," he grins. "Your voice is deeper than I thought it'd be."
"Is that a compliment?" I laugh, placing my glass down and crossing my arms.
"Just casual judgement?"
"I'm assuming you've made up?" I ask, receiving flash backs of the obnoxiously loud noises coming from her bedroom earlier this evening.
"Yes," he chuckles quietly to himself. I tilt my head back and observe him, he seems very anxious. "What?"
"Just looking."
"At my amazing body?" He winks, I drop my jaw at his blatant comment.
"Don't flatter yourself," I smile, walking back to the sofa, getting cosy underneath the blanket again, him following. We sit in silence for a moment but I notice he's shivering just a little and I'm not an entirely indecent human being so I throw over the other end of the blanket that he takes quite willingly. "You really like her then?"
"Again, I shall not reveal my feelings to the best friend," he smirks, knowing all to well of my future intentions with the valuable information.
"Too bad," I sigh.
"You're pretty, y'know," he whispers under his breath, I widen my eyes in shock, of all comments in the world I wasn't expecting that one.
"What were you expecting?"
"An ugly beast, a ferocious dragon, who knows?"
"Ha, ha, very funny. Anyway, you're dating my best friend, you shouldn't be thinking like that," I smirk, quickly glancing at the very attractive man sat across from me. 
"Not necessarily," he frowns. "I can still think you're pretty."
"Alright, Lucas." I smile, standing up and walking into my room. "Night."
"Night."