3.6

Lucas gave me directions to the top of a mountain and my legs tremble with nerves as I saunter up the dirt path to the top. I still feel wrong for being here and I want to appreciate the amber glow of the sun and the lovely thought of a mountain picnic for dinner, but I'm a horrible person for even coming. I debate whether or not to leave, but knowing he awaits me at the top sparks motivation to keep going. Soon, I approach a clearing that displays a sunset words can't describe and Lucas perched on a blanket he has neatly laid out. He looks so calm as he admires the view, giving me the perfect opportunity to sneak up on him. Kneeling down, I embrace him, satisfaction and happiness fulfilling my body as I'm allowed to now. He giggles, spinning to face me.
"Hi," I grin, contemplating whether or not to kiss him already, but I fight the urge. We need to discuss some things.
"Thank you for coming."
"Thank you for inviting me."
"I really want to kiss you," he whispers, biting his lip lightly.
"Nice try, but we can't," I wink, looking down with a muffled chuckle. "Not yet."
"Is Sarah even okay with this?" He asks me with a frown.
"She was the one who insisted I came."
"You have a great friend," he smiles, my nod in response. "Do you think she'll ever forgive me?"
"With time, most likely. She forgave me after all," he gazes at me, breathing in and out while we sit in a calm silence.
"Can I kiss you?" I ask nervously.
"I thought we were going to talk first?"
"I can't wait." I place my lips on his, this time our kiss is less rushed and urgent. It's slow, our lips move in perfect sync; the moment couldn't be any better. While the kiss comes to an end, I giggle and pull away but remain close to his face.
"Y'know, I've always wanted to kiss a girl on a mountain, it's stupid, I know." He chuckles quietly but I can't help but smile at the whole idea of his small wish.
"No, it's not stupid." I laugh, he is adorable.
"Can we make this work, then?" He sighs, staring into the distance with a relaxed smile on his face. 
"Yeah," I gush. "I would like that."