3.5

Can I take you on a date?

That was abrupt.

Spontaneity never hurts.

I would love to but you know I can't.

**********

Sarah emerges from the kitchen with her continuous blank stare, she comes over to look over my shoulder. I don't dare to look up.
"He's still texting you?" She laughs, but not one part of it is genuine. "And about a date, wow."
"I'm not going," I respond quietly. She places her hand on my shoulder, tapping twice and so I cautiously look up.
"You're not going, why?"
"I've done enough to hurt you."
"You're going."
"What?" I ask, completely taken aback. Is it a trick?
"I'm not going. He's your ex."
"I can tell you two had a connection," she sighs. "I want you to be happy, I even want him to be happy, believe it or not."
"Sarah..." I begin to sob, I hate seeing her this way.
"He called me earlier," she informs me. "He apologised more times than I can remember but he also explained his actions. Poppy, he really likes you. Hell, I think he loves you."
"That doesn't stop it from feeling wrong."
"Love shouldn't feel wrong."
"L-love?" I stutter. "I never said that."
"I've known you for plenty of years to tell how you're feeling about someone." She smirks, nodding to the phone. "Tell him you're going." I smile up at her, mouthing a 'thank you' and proceeding on with her instructions.

**********

Scrap that. I'll come.

That was abrupt.

Shut up. Where should I meet you?