2.4

I pace the corridor outside of my front door, uncomfortably ripping my heels off my feet and tugging my dress down with irritation. I can hear them in there, I don't want to see him. I wanted another man to take my mind off him, but the guy was more interested in his muscles than anything I had to say. Perhaps my intentions were fucked from the beginning... I want to sob to Sarah, but she is my problem. I wipe the trickling tear away, straighten my posture and walk in as if I had the best time of my life. 
"You're back!" Lucas cheers, jumping up from the couch, only to turn with an expression of disappointment. "I thought you were Sarah."
"Well, I'm back!" I cheer myself, grabbing a chilled beer from the fridge and slumping down next to him. "You don't have to sound so upset at the fact that I'm back, this is my place."
"Well, you and I haven't exactly been on good terms lately. Don't expect me to sound too happy," he turns to me, muting the television. His eyes are lit up like a deep conversation is about to go down, and I cannot be bothered to take part in it.
"Sarah'll be back in a minute."
"Okay," he sighs with irritation. "You know, you're the one that's off with me." 
"Do you realise how off you've been?" I snap, anger bubbling up like an overheated pot about to explode.
"You don't know my reasoning!"
"Enlighten me." I yell, throwing my arms in the air because if I don't throw them at something I might just shut down with frustration.
"Because I'm scared of what could happen."
"Why do you keep saying that?" And with that, he kisses me. I can't commentate too much on it, it was quick and unexpected and soon ends with Sarah entering the room.
"I'm back!" She cheers, somehow we rip apart before she catches a glance. My respect for Lucas just decreased by masses.
"That's why I was so scared," he whispers to me, standing up and walking over to Sarah's room with a smile. "Hey."
"We'll talk about your date later, yeah?" I nod at her, sitting back and sipping at my beer with a long sigh.

This was not my plan.