2.2

I sigh, the volume increasing on the television as I attempt to ignore Sarah and Lucas's voices; I've come to the uncomfortable realisation that I like Lucas more than I should considering his interest for my best friend. The best thing I can do is suppress it because I can't intervene, that would be cruel. I would not do that to her, she deserves someone that makes her happy, and they're happy. She's over the moon and if I ever ruined that, if I even dared to try, I would never forgive myself. I groan, staring at the empty document on my laptop. My deadline is tonight, but my brain only wishes to fantasise about Lucas. I'm furious at myself. I keep wishing I never got drunk that night and texted him, what was I thinking when I continued it after knowing they were dating? I so badly wish I met him as Sarah's date and not the guy I accidentally text and fell for so easily and pathetically. So pathetically! I surprise myself with how I fell for Lucas with such ease. I'm not usually that much of a push over.

Later in the night when writing is still going unbearably unsuccessfully, I stumble towards the kitchen to refill my glass with water. Whilst I expected it to be empty, I discover Lucas to be doing the exact same thing. I come to a halt, no words willing to formulate and I'm frozen.
"You know, we can talk." He lightly smiles, he turns and his eyes set me with ease. Those golden swirls of amber irritate me so much I could throw my fist through a wall, I want him so bad.
"I know." I stammer, filling my glass slowly.
"Then let's talk."
"About?" I sigh, cautiously sipping my water.
"I don't know."
"You know, I'm quite busy, I should really get back to working," I mumble, disregarding whatever he was about to say.
"Okay."