The Middle

Alex's POV

Demi- SHES WHAT!!!

Alex- My moms back...

Demi- Alex I will not let her take you!

Alex- We'll I don't know, she said she is taking it to court.

Demi fell to the floor and broke down crying. I have never seen her cry this much.

All I wanted to do was crawl up with her but I was attached to so many cords and weird hospital things.

I tried to reach for Demi but she had her head in her knees and couldn't see me.

I called for her multiple times but got no reply. Until she lifted her head.

I saw all her mascara that had run down her checks, and her eyes that were already puffy and red.

Alex- Demi?

Demi- This can't be happening...

She was breathing really fast and I watched as tear drops fell from her sparkly brown eyes.

Alex- I won't let her take me...I love you mom.

Right when I said mom she broke into more tears.

This is going to be a tuff night.

The doctors came in and released me. The car ride home with Demi was silent. The only sound that filled the car was Demi's short sobs.

-2 Days Later-

Demi's POV

We had gotten through court and I had won. All was going well and I hadn't seen Susan anywhere.

Alex was in school and as I walked out of the house to the car I felt something bang on my head.

Susan's POV

Demi Lovato...there is no away you will take my daughter. I picked up a rock and slammed it on her head.

She hadn't even realized that I had been watching her this whole time. Studying and planning my her every move.

I took the keys from her hands and got in the car.

I started the car and began driving to Alex's school.

I looked out the window and saw her standing there at the curb. I honked my horn and she came walking to the car.

Alex's POV

I saw Demi's car and headed towards it. I got in the car and shut the door still not looking at Demi.

Alex- Hey mom.

Susan- Hello...

Wait that doesn't sound like Demi's voice? I turned around to see Susan in the drivers seat.

Alex- AGHHHH!!

Before I could say anything she sped off. I tried to jump out of the car but it backfired and we began to loose control over the wheel.

We started swerving and drifted into the lake.

I felt the car sinking an tried to get out of the car but after many try's I gave up.

I began crying as I realized that in a matter of minutes I would be dead.

I looked out the window to see someone swimming to the car. It looked like a boy.

He got to the car and broke the window glass with something. I couldn't tell what it was.

He dragged me out of the car and began to swim up.

I looked back to Susan...she was bleeding from her head. I don't want to be upset but for some reason my heart hurts.

I got out of the water and the boy layed me down on the grass. My entire brain was blurred and I couldn't see well either.

After a couple minutes I gained my sight back and sat up.

I heard the boy talk to me but I couldn't quite hear it. I think he asked if I was ok.

Alex- Who are you?

Boy- My names Hayes. Me and my friend Cameron were on our way somewhere when I saw the crash.

Alex- So you just jumped in the lake?

Hayes- Yeah pretty much, so what's your name?

Alex- Alex...can you call my mother?

Hayes- Yeah sure what's her number? And name?

Alex- 437-826-9317 and her name is Demi.

Hayes- Ok.

Hayes' POV

I have no clue who this girl even is but for some reason I needed to save her.

She's quite beautiful.

I dialed her moms number but there was no answer.

Hayes- Nobody answered but I want to take you to the hospital.

She agreed and after about an hour an random woman walked in her hospital room.

Marissa- Hey!! Are you ok?

Alex- Yeah Mar I'm fine, where is Demi? I tried calling her but nobody answered.

Marissa- Um, she was hit in the head and is here...in another hospital room.

Alex- WHAT! I have to see her and talk to her!

Marissa- Alex....she's in a colma.....

_______________________________________________________________________________ HEY GUYS!! I'm SOOOO sorry for not updating I've been super busy and dealing with a lot of things. But I'm back and I can't wait for you guys to read the next chapter!!

Next Update: Thursday or Friday.