The Superhero Code

- Chapter Four -

You were sitting at the kitchen table on your laptop, reading an online book as Oliver spoke. "Luck is ready."

"I'll grab the plates." Chase stated as he stood.

"Oh, just like you grabbed the heart of the girl I love?" Oliver asked Chase, making you look up from your screen.

"Still not over me getting Skylar her powers back, huh?" Chase asked.

"Nope, and you'll notice your tomatoe slice is very thin." Oliver informed.

"You showed him, alright." You commented as you continued reading.

"Yeah, I also skipped on his lettuce." Oliver added.

"Oh no, stop the madness." Bree stated sarcastically as she walked over to the cabinet. "I will get the plates." When she opened the cabinet, you heard the shatter of glass, making you lean back on your chair to see a load of broken plates. "Why are they all broken? What happened?"

"Well, I was doing the dishes, and I accidently broke them with my super strength." Oliver explained.

"That still doesn't answer why you put them back in the cabinet." Skylar stated as Oliver picked up a piece.

"Because now we can have service for thirty-six tiny people." Oliver shrugged as Kaz walked in, greeting you all.

"Hey, Kaz. I didn't smell you come in. Did you shower?" Bree asked.

"Yeah, I had to." Kaz replied as he picked up an apple. "My younger brother Kyle's coming to visit...and the pen I was chewing on exploded all over my face."

"I didn't know you had a little brother." Chase commented.

"Yeah, well, growing up, Kyle and I never really bonded, but now that he's older and I moved away, I think he misses me. This is our chance to finally become best buds." Kaz explained as the doorbell chimed. "That's him." Kaz then ran over to the door as Kyle walked in. "Kyle."

You stood to get your sandwich as Kyle gasped. "The bionic people!" Kyle threw his backpack to Kaz as he ran over to you, Bree, and Chase.

"Wow, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you're more excited to see them more than me." Kaz explained.

"I am." Kyle informed, as your eyebrows shot up in amusement.

After finishing lunch, you all moved to sit in the living room. You sat across the team in the blue one person chair, picking up a magazine that was on the side as you listen to Kyle and the team talk.

"So when my mom told me that Kaz was an intern with the bionic people, I just had to come see for myself." Kyle explained.

"Okay, well you saw them so, what do you say you and I get outta here and take our chances eating some street meat." Kaz smiled.

"Kaz, do you mind? The grown-ups are talking." Kyle informed as he sat next to Chase. "I can't believe I'm sitting next to the Chase Davenport. You're my favorite bionic hero."

"I get that all the time." Chase smiled as you quirked a brow.

"Really?" Skylar asked. " 'Cause I've never heard that. Seriously. Never. Not one time."

"Wow. She does not like you." Oliver stated as Bree walked down the stairs.

"Okay, Kyle, your room's all set." Bree informed.

"Thanks. Wait till my friends hear that Bionic Bree made my bed." Kyle smiled as he ran up the stairs.

"Or more accurately, Bionic Bree threw your backpack into an empty room." Bree corrected.