Need for Speed

- Chapter Five -

Chase had informed earlier on in the morning that Douglas would be stopping by, making you grow excited yet anxious at the same time. The last time you saw Douglas was after defeating Marcus and Giselle. Yeah, Douglas had forgave you, yet you couldn't help but feel anxious. What worried you was that what if he told the team about your past? Granted, he didn't know all your past, but what if he told the team that you were sent on a mission to kill the Davenports?

You didn't want the team to know since it was in the past, yet for some reason the past can't be let go of.

As Douglas walked through the door, Bree was quick to greet him with a hug. As you made your way over, you stuffed your hands in your hoodie in order to hide your nervous twiddling fingers.

What had surprised you was that Douglas had brought you in a hug that only lasted a few seconds, but it was enough to let you know that he still had forgiven you.

As you pulled away Chase began speaking. "Guys, this is our uncle, Douglas. Well, technically he's our father."

"Yeah, like we ever call him that." Bree stated as Douglas shot her a look.

"Oh, you're the guy who tried to kill them...nice to meet you!" Kaz smiled, shaking Douglas' hand.

Douglas glanced at you for a brief of a second before quickly looking at Kaz. "You too, Oliver. Though you're not as nearly scrawny as Chase said you were."

"That's becauee I'm Oliver." Oliver corrected.

Skylar then stepped forward, holding her hand out. "Hi, I'm Skylar."

"Ah, the alien girl." Douglas smiled. "You know, I'm kind of disappointed. I thought you'd have three heads."

"Don't be silly. You shed the other two when you're a kid and leave them under your pillow for the head fairy." Skylar explained.

"Uh, good news. Skylar just got her powers back." Chase informed.

"And guess who got them back for her." Kaz pointed to Chase.

"Okay...it was me." Chase smiled sheepishly.

"A little Elite Force gossip. Scrawny's jelly because Bookworm got Alien her powers back." Bree explained to Douglas as she pointed them out.

"Okay, aliens I believe, but someone jealous of Chase...unfathomable." Douglas walked forward, patting Oliver's shoulder as he made his way to the couch. "So looks like I'll be staying here with you while my brother's gone."

"Where did Mr. Davenport go?" Skylar asked as Bree and Douglas sat down as you stood behind the blue chair. "I mean not that I'm complaining. I think I speak for all of us when I say we could use a good break."

"He went back home. He'll be checking in, but he wanted to be there with Tasha when the baby arrives." Douglas explained.

"Hm, probably so he can jam a bionic chip in it's neck when she's not looking." Bree smiled.

"Anyway, my first order of business while I'm here, is to design the team's new misson suits." Douglas informed.

"Woah, woah, woah. No you're not." Chase stated as he stepped forward. "Because I'm designing them. I started sketching up a prototype two weeks ago."

"I think we can all agree that the guy who created you, is much more capable of creating the mission suits." Douglas explained as Oliver quickly jumped up adding his input.

"Yeah, 'cause Chase can't be trusted with anything!" You rose a brow as everyone looked at him. "I mean, I'd like to be on Douglas' team please."

Kaz then stepped forward. "I don't know I mean, Chase is the smartest guy in the world, and he did cure Skylar by himself..."