The Rock

- Chapter Ten -

You slowly opened your eyes, blinking a few times to get rid of your blurry vision. After a moment, you were able to see clearly. You looked around and saw the blazing hot golden flames, leaping and twirling in a fiery dance, twinkling like the stars.

You quickly jumped up and ran out of the room, looking frantically around. Smoke had clouded your vision as you had stumbled up the stairs to see if he was all right. When you had reached the top, you had thrown the door open, scanning the room quickly. You then spotted him on the floor, body covered in ash from the smoke and the arousing flames. 

You quickly scrambled over to him, holding his face as you called out to him. "Dad! Dad! We need to go!"

He coughed heavily, trying to air to fill his lungs. "Go...you n-need to get out of here."

His voice cracked as he couched and wheezed. 

You shook your head stubbornly. "I'm not leaving without you!"

The flames drew closer, trying to take you both in its fiery heat. 

"Leave now! I'll always be with you, I promise."

 You nodded with a quivering lip. "Okay."

"All right, listen to me. I need you to go. Go now! And don't look back!" He shouted, pushing an object in your hand; the clock locket.

You quickly scrambled up, and with wobbly legs you ran out. The flames had engulfed everything in its path. You coughed heavily as you made your way to the stairs. A burning ember had fell beside you, starting you. You lost your footing and tumbled down the stairs. 

You banged your head onto the wooden floor, which made black dots sprout your vision. As the flames drew closer, you gripped the locket tightly in your hand. Before you fell into complete darkness, the last thing you saw was a figure looming over you.

-

You looked down at your blood stain hands as a small giggle rose in your throat. "Who could've guessed?" You laughed now. "Killing is so much fun."

You glanced up to see the whole Davenport family lying motionless on the floor, laying in their own pool of blood. You wiped your bloody knife on your bloody soaked shirt before pulling out your phone and taking a picture.

-

You walked into the lab, walking towards Giselle who's back was facing you. When she turned, you lifted the phone up to show her the picture. "Mission accomplished."

~~~~~

You woke up with a loud gasp, eyes searching around frantically. You were in your capsule, with the girls in their own sleeping soundly. Your heart pounded in your chest, and your body shook as you tried to take calming breaths. 

Once you were able to calm yourself down, you stepped out of your capsule and pulled out the locket from your pocket, seeing that it was five in the morning. Knowing that you weren't able to fall back asleep (nor that you wanted to), you headed out of the room and downstairs, going straight into the kitchenette, passing by AJ who was seated on the stool.

Ever since that day he tapped into Chase's chip, he's been coming over which you didn't mind. As you made yourself a cup of coffee, AJ had broke the silence. "So what's your story?"

"My what?" You asked, turning around to face him, cup in hand.

"Your story, you know, life story. I basically know about everyone except you. Of course I know about your abilities and that you had went to the bionic academy, but I couldn't get any more information." AJ explained.