[TW] CHAPTER NINE

[TRIGGER WARNING]

This note is for the people who may get uncomfortable reading some parts of the chapter. Because of mature themes, I'm putting out a warning to proceed with caution. I sincerely apologize for this.

-9-

The drive back to Hanbin and Hayi's place was uncomfortable for some reason.

Rode's lonely, he thought. No cars passed him by, neither were there cars behind his.

As these things went in his mind, he could see something obstructing the road. He initially thought it was a log, until the car came closer and he realized that it was a man.

The car came to a halt.

Is he dead?

After parking the car on the side, he went out and warily approached the body. His steps faltered when upon closer look, he could see that the person's face was smeared with blood, some seeping inside his plaid button-up shirt.

It wasn't rare for him to encounter road accidents, having traveled frequently for work, but it was rare for him to actually be face to face with it. Unsure what to do, he looked around but was only met with a deserted road.

The man's chest slowly rose up and down, albeit staggered. It was a good sign nevertheless. Crouching beside him, he said, "Hello. Uh... we'll send help, okay?"

Jiwon searched for the man's pockets for a phone to use, but found nothing. Observing the man closely, he could see that his life was in danger if he didn't do something fast. Surely, the deserted road wouldn't give him answers. The only plausible thing to do was to send the man in a hospital by himself.

"Can you stand up?"

The man weakly nodded. Jiwon assisted in helping him up, carefully, so as to not add more damage. With limping steps, he led him at the backseat to make him lie down, closed the door after and entered the driver's seat.

"S – S – S—"

"I'm sorry, what are you saying?" Jiwon politely asked as he hastily wore his seatbelt.

"S – Se – S–Se..."

Jiwon was getting worried, so he assured him, "Please hold on for a little bit. We'll get you healed in no time, alright?"

"S – S – Save..." the man gasped for words.

That made Jiwon step on the gas, the man's last words bringing unease in his heart.

"Please hang in there..."

...

The stench of antiseptics already resided in Jiwon's nostrils. He didn't know how long he had been sitting on the hospital's plastic chair, but he knew his butt was getting sore. Adjusting himself, he went on to lean his elbows on his thighs.

The man he was with was already getting tended. A nurse told him that the man suffered a minor blunt head trauma. It wasn't fatal, but he had to be in constant surveillance. Hearing about this made Jiwon feel pity for the guy.

"I knew slipping my card on his clothes' a good idea," a woman sighed in relief.

Jiwon raised his head up when he felt a presence arrive in front of him. Two elegantly dressed people, a man and a woman, stood beside a nurse. They looked like foreigners, especially the woman with her red-orange locks.

The nurse gestured towards Jiwon. "He is the person who brought Park Jaesang-sshi here."

Park Jaesang?