[TW] CHAPTER ELEVEN

[TRIGGER WARNING]

Some parts of the chapter contain mild graphic scenes. I sincerely apologize for this.

{e x t e n d e d v e r s i o n}

-11-

Jinyoung retrieved something from his jacket. When he flicked his wrist, a blade came out, the sharp edge glistening. He still held it at his side, yet Jisoo could already taste danger in her tongue.

Acting on instincts alone, she put a hand on her stomach and slowly backed away. Jisoo realized too late that it was a wrong move. She unintentionally invited the monster inside the house. "Please don't..."

Jinyoung's smirk grew wider as he finally had the chance to close the door behind him. "Too late."

Heart pumping restlessly against her chest, she directed a glance at her phone to call her husband on the Favorites menu. But Jinyoung must have anticipated it as he roughly collided her arm with his, sending the phone a few meters away. A yelp escaped from her lips without warning.

There was no time to second-guess everything. She knew she was on her own. Gears shifted quickly in her head, thinking of ways to outsmart her attacker. Running away wasn't an option given her pregnant state. She knew if she did that, he'd catch up with her in a matter of seconds. Then what should I do?

Jisoo took a deep breathe in. As much as she wouldn't like to, her nerves were fraying, her mind coming up with a blank. At this point, it was just so easy to be irrational and run away. Panicking wasn't the least of her options though. Struggling to keep her tone steady, she nervously asked, "W – What do you want?"

"Isn't that hard to understand?" Licking the blade with his tongue, his eyes turned dark, his hallowed cheeks rising to show his teeth. "I'm here to finish you."

She felt her world dizzying, flashbacks of the past long buried deep in her mind rising like bubbles on the surface. But no. She had to be safe. She had to keep her baby safe.

Vase. That was it. It was on top of the end table beside the couch. Jisoo was still forced to back away as he matched her strides forward. Any closer now...

"How – how did you even get out?" she stammered.

"I have my ways. Now, stop moving and—"

Having been close enough to reach for it, Jisoo grabbed the neck of the vase and hurled it at his direction, hitting him square on the face. The object fell on the floor with a crash, the glass particles immediately breaking upon contact. Fake flowers were scattered too on the floor mixed with the shards. Jinyoung stopped for a moment in shock, blood dripping from his forehead. With his other hand, he massaged his head and cursed under his breath.

"You've been naughty, Jisoo." Stepping forward, he created crunching sounds under his worn-out rubber shoes because of the scattered glass. "I'm sorry but this is going to hurt, very bad."

Run, her mind screamed. RUN. And so she did. She forced her legs that felt like being weighed by tonnes to run, only to be dragged back by the hair. Jisoo accidentally slipped, shocked at the sudden change of balance on her feet. Her scalp felt like burning with the way he was pulling her. Helpless, she placed her hands around the handful he grabbed to lessen the pain, but it was futile since his grip was a lot stronger. Screaming was what she could do right now, hoping the neighbors could hear but immediately stopped as she felt the tip of the knife being pointed at her throat.