x8x

“Suga~ I have a
present for you-”

    Oh great. I can only imagine what it is this time. Last time Jungkook had a present for me it had been my bed, and that was nearly two weeks ago.

    He entered the room pushing an old TV, equipped with antenna and all, and he plugged it in. Soon the screen lit up, and after fixing the antenna,he adjusted the channel to  the news.

    “- Min Yoon Gi, 20 years old, is now presumed to be deceased after his disappearance three weeks ago. -”
        The reporter's words shook me to the core.
  Of course I didn't expect to have anyone look for me, but I didn't expect to be declared dead so soon. How had they figured I had disappeared?  Was it absence from rehearsals? I guess that makes sense, since I haven't been to rehearsals or school in three whole weeks.

    “Why are you showing me this?” I asked him, suddenly confused.
    “Look at that. They didn't even bother to look for you. They just assumed that you were dead and moved on” He laughed heartily, “And I thought I was unloved”
    His words hit me like a truck, literally knocking the wind out of me. Maybe because, he was was  right: no one had even sent me a text message to ask why I hadn't been around.

    “Do you want to know something really funny?” he asked in a taunting tone, smirking at me.
    I looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to continue.
    “I'm not even a suspect. You wanna know why? Because they haven't found your body. They think you did it yourself.”
    He laughs loudly, almost in a triumphant way at the thought of having bested the police, and everyone else at that matter. 
    “Looks like I've struck a nerve” he said, as he looked at me, cocking he head to the left. Hearing this, I reach up and touch my face, only to realize that there are hot tears rolling down my cheeks. I must have started crying without realizing it.

    “The bottom dial is to change the channel. It only gets three” he states, matter-of-factly as he stands to leave the room. 

    Having given up on  maintaining my composure, I flop back on my bed and continue to listen to the news as the tears roll down my cheeks until I finally drifted off into an uneasy sleep, certain to bring nightmares with it.