x22x

I knew he wouldn't make me leave, he was keeping me around for a reason. I'm not sure why he looped me into his plan, though. I guess he had his reasons.

    I was more or less confused when Jungkook, at my behest, had me put an app on Hoseok’s phone that functioned as a webcam, a camera with remote access no less, which did, rightfully, make me suspicious, but I knew better than to argue with him. After all, he couldn't do it on his own, since he didn't have Hoseok’s passcode (I happened to have it from school, when he had showed me something),and I suppose  it was nice to feel useful.

     It was a Friday night when Jungkook enlightened Hoseok with his plan, which I must confess, was kind of brilliant. Hoseok had received a text message from Namjoon late one night, telling him about a party that coming Saturday at Seokjin’s place.
He had the best dad jokes, and since he was fairly popular, even I knew his party would be large. Apparently, it was to celebrate Seokjin’s debut as a vocalist, and, from the look of the texts, Namjoon was hoping Hoseok would come so he wouldn't be alone, clearly disregarding the fact that Hoseok had been declared missing nearly a week prior, and showed no signs of returning. He must’ve been desperate.

So, Jungkook asked me to reply, acting as Hoseok:

After the interaction with Namjoon, it was easy to tell what Jungkook wanted to do, he was going to take my earlier suggestion, and have Hoseok help us, at least for a little while, and I was insanely happy about that, after all he had been a frie...

After the interaction with Namjoon, it was easy to tell what Jungkook wanted to do, he was going to take my earlier suggestion, and have Hoseok help us, at least for a little while, and I was insanely happy about that, after all he had been a friend to me.

    The night before the party Jungkook and I made our way down the stairs to tell Hoseok what his job was.
    “Okay Hobi,” I loved it when Jungkook called him that, it sounded so sweet. “Here's the deal, you're going to a party”
    Hoseok seemed genuinely confused.
    “You're going to help me, and if you do everything I tell you from this point forward, I'll let you and Suga go.”
    I internally winced at the thought of Jungkook making me leave, but I knew that he wouldn't, I was his friend after all. I liked being here, and I thought that’d he enjoyed my presence as well.

    “And what if I don't.” Hoseok spat flatly. His words took me completely by surprise. “What if I go and just run to the police?” He words were less of a question, and more closely resembled a dare.
    “I kill him.” He gestured sharply to me, and I saw Hoseok flinch slightly. He likely thought Kook was going to hit him, after all, it wasn’t the first time he’d hit an unruly captive.

    After a long silence on both ends of the conversation, Hoseok agreed to go and help us, on account of him being set free.

………

    The next night I sat idly on the couch, and opened Hoseok's phone to start the background ‘spy’ camera app that I had previously installed. I then switched the phone back to messaging, so as to avoid Hoseok seeing the app running and turning it off during his short stint of freedom.
Since Hoseok had gotten his driver's licence prior to his being captured, Jungkook allowed him to borrow his car, which had been sitting in the garage for the entirety of my stay,  to drive to the party, Kookie programmed the GPS so not only would Hoseok know exactly where to go, but we could track his movements with Kookie’s computer from home.

………

    Hoseok had arrived at Jin's house around 9:45, according to the GPS, and sat in the driveway, likely waiting for Namjoon to arrive, while Jungkook and I watched everything from the laptop, switching quickly to the camera as soon as we saw movement on Hoseok’s side.

    Namjoon didn't take long to get there after Hoseok had arrived, maybe about five minutes. When he arrived Hoseok stepped out of the car, Namjoon enveloped him in a hug before Seokjin emerged from the house to invite them both inside.

    The party was already packed, even though it wasn't supposed to start for another ten minutes. Which made it quite difficult to get a decent view, regardless of the sheer fabric covering the camera from Hoseok’s shirt pocket, which already made it fuzzy and slightly jarring.
But we persisted, and I recognized most of the people there, who were either former classmates of mine, or fellow trainees I remembered from the company. Jimin and Taehyung were there,  sporting excessively bright hair colors,orange and pink respectively,chatting with someone I didn't know in a corner, and generally standing out in the mass of people. Seokjin was welcoming each person individually, as Hoseok and Namjoon made their way to the couch to sit and talk.

    “So,” Namjoon let himself fall into the couch, shaking our camera, “Why haven't you been in class Hyung?”
It was the first question to leave Namjoon’s lips.
     Hoseok paused for a moment before responding, which visibly scared Jungkook,  he tensed. I assumed it was because he thought the boy would tell the truth.
    He didn't. “I was looking for Yoongi. I miss him.” He pursed his lips, with an audible sound.
    Well I suppose he had been looking for me when he came to the house, that much was true, but he certainly didn't miss me, considering I had seen him every day since.
    “...And did you find him?” I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.
    “No.”
    I had been so wrapped up in their conversation that I hadn't noticed Jimin and Taehyung make their way over to Namjoon and Hoseok until I heard Tae speak.
    “That’s because he killed himself, how pathetic.”
    “Honestly. Maybe it's good you didn't find him.” Jimin spoke up.
    “Yeah, that way we don't have to listen to his attempts at rap anymore.” Taehyung laughed slightly before taking another sip from his drink.
    I always had a growing suspicion they thought those things, but they had never said them, at least not to my face, and neither Namjoon nor Hoseok tried to defend me. Hoseok held his breath, the sound was no longer audible, and no movement shook the camera

    “Tae Tae~” Jimin cooed, “That was mean... He was a decent rapper. The real worst part was his dancing.”
    Taehyung laughed loudly and gave Jimin a small high-five.
That was Cliche.
Meanwhile, Jungkook pulled me closer to himself and patted me on the head, which didn't do anything to calm my anger or hurt, it just boiled inside of me, threatening to overflow at any moment.

At that moment I decided, with Jungkook’s consent, who would be next:

Kim Taehyung.