x26x

Christmas Eve finally came along after several days of anticipation, and I had decided that I would give Hoseok his gift early. I had to make him a present because I clearly didn't have a means of going out and buying one with my situation, so it may have been sort of a cheesy gift,  but I’d decided to give him a home-made ornament. The only problem was, I was not particularly gifted in the arts,  so it ended up being something akin to what a child in kindergarten would bring home from school.

    I packaged Hoseok’s gift in the box my ornament had come in, and, though it wasn't nearly a comparison to what was originally in the box, Hoseok’s eyes lit up when he saw and  happily accepted it.
    It was far from extravagant, the top of a tin can coated glitter and a paper snowflake glued to the centre of it, a red ribbon strung through a small hole I had punched using a nail through the top, and the word ‘Hope’ written in the center of the snowflake. Despite its simplicity Hoseok seemed overjoyed when he hung it alongside my microphone and Jungkook’s music note.
    The three of us spent the night on the large sectional couch in the living room watching classic Christmas movies in our pajamas, we marathoned Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty The Snowman, It's A Wonderful Life, and A Christmas Carol, while periodically refilling our hot cocoa. 

………

    Neither I nor Hoseok remembered falling asleep that night, what we did recall was waking up the next morning to Jungkook singing ‘It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas’ and the space under the tree filled with presents of all shapes and sizes.
    There were gifts for each of us, courtesy of an overly-generous-around-the-holidays Jungkook, whom had even purchased some for himself and signed my name and Hoseok’s on them, as if we had purchased them for him.

    We opened our gifts together, thanking each other, mostly Jungkook, for the lovely presents. For the most part Hoseok’s gifts consisted of clothes and candies, whereas mine were mostly things like blankets, pillows, and decorative pieces for my room. Jungkook gave himself various clothes and cookware, as well as some cd's from who I assumed were his favorite artists.

………

    Jungkook made a traditional Christmas dinner that night, and though there were only three of us, there was nothing short of enough food to feed an army, complete with turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, various mixed vegetables, and bread pudding á la mode for dessert.

    It was safe to say that that Christmas was the first time in quite awhile that any of us had felt truly happy, we were almost like a family, and I honestly believed that Hoseok no longer wanted to leave.