x15x

I had definitely made a big mistake in forgetting which lines not to cross at this point. I made the biggest overestimation in thinking that Jungkook was my friend. A huge mistake.
    You would think I had a basic understanding of what would make him angry, but I was so bored while he was at work, and I really just wanted to get to know him better. Note to self, you're kind of an idiot. 

    It was around noon, and he had been at work for several hours already,  he wasn’t supposed to be home until four o'clock so I thought that I had lots of time to myself.
    I had already exhausted every game on my phone, and all the movies I wanted to watch on Netflix and I was so bored.
        So I decided it would be a good time to learn a little more about Jungkook. After all he wasn't home, and he sure as hell wouldn't answer any questions I asked him.

    I made my way to his bedroom through the shared bathroom, I didn't bother to be sneaky, since he wasn't home. As I opened the door I took a quick look around the room, then proceeded to step inside. 

   His room was a bit larger than mine, and had a deep red-violet colour painted on the walls, the colour made the room quite dark, especially considering there were thick black curtains covering the large, picturesque window, lined with dark royal trim, and  letting only minimal light into the large room. His bed was unmade, dark red blankets tossed every which way and pillows laying on the floor. His dark wooden dresser drawers were open, clothes of different shades lazily tossed inside, on top of it sat a small mirror that, at first glance, looked like a picture frame placed in the far corner, closest to the wall, a bouquet of white roses that were long dead strewn across the center, and small chest made of dark wood on the corner closest to me.
    I made my way over to the dresser to further examine the chest, careful not to disturb anything on the floor, as it peaked my interest. Looking closer at it I realized it was an antique jewelry box. It had beautiful carvings engraved on the lid and body, and brass accents, along with a small brass clasp  toward the centre.
       I decided that there was no way anything bad would come from opening it.

Have I mentioned
that I'm an idiot?

I gingerly unlatched the small clasp keeping its contents locked away, and opened the lid as of I was handling something made of glass, as if it was so fragile it could break if I breathed on it the wrong way.
    The inside was lined with red velvet, which was incredibly soft and delicate to the touch, the lid held open by brass hinges which matched the accents on the exterior. The brass and red complimented the deep brown of the wood perfectly and gave the box a look that could be described as nothing short of elegant and worthy of royalty. 

    There weren't many things inside the box;  a few photos and what appeared to be a silver necklace, with a small heart-shaped pendant, which wouldn't have been all too interesting if they'd belonged to anyone else. But the fact that they didn't belong to anyone else made them intriguing. They belonged to him, and I was determined to learn everything about him I possibly could in that moment.

    I picked up the necklace first, I intended  to examine it, and discovered that it wasn't just a simple pendant, but a locket.
          Upon opening it I found a small, faded photo of a young woman with a huge smile on her face. Looking at the photo made me smile, just because of how happy and carefree she appeared to be.
    I carefully closed the locket and placed it back in the box,in the same position i remembered it in, then began to thumb through the photos. Most of them were of the same woman,  some featured her with a man and others by herself, there were even some in which she was cradling  a small infant.
       In each photo she looked happier than the last, and with each photo I became more and more curious as to why Jungkook had so many pictures of this woman.
    Unfortunately I didn't have much time to try and figure it out, before everything changed.

    “What are you doing in here?”

    His voice rang through the silent room like a bell, and I froze in my place.

     His voice was filled with resentment and bitter anger, and, before I had time to react, his hands were on my shoulders and he had spun me around to face him. I could feel the anger not only in his voice but in how tightly he gripped my shoulders. It felt as though, if he squeezed any tighter, my bones would break beneath his hands. His knuckles were white in the grip, and I was sure it would bruise immediately after his releasing of my shoulders.

          I was paralyzed with fear, he hadn't been this violent with me in weeks, and I had no idea how far I had pushed my limits.

    After what felt like an eternity, he released me with a push, sending me backwards. I landed violently on the hardwood floor, my head just missing the corner of the dresser and instead bouncing off the edge of the wall with a thud.

………

    I must have blacked out, because when I woke  I was back in my own room, strewn across the floor, next to the bed. I could barely move my arms due to the residual pain in my shoulders, and it was difficult to lift my head more than a couple inches off the floor.
     When I finally managed to take a look around I noticed Jungkook sitting in the corner near the door to the washroom, staring directly at me. His feet were crossed, and his back slouched.
    “You broke my trust.” He spat at me.
How dare you go through my things. I thought we had an understanding. I guess I was mistaken.”
    A weak “I'm sorry.” was all I was able to mutter, due to the pain shooting through my entire body.
       He laughed heartily, as if he not only didn't believe me, but was amused by my attempt at an apology.
    “The door to your room and the door from the bathroom to my room lock from the outside.” He stated matter-of-factly before getting up to leave the room, leaving me lying on the floor,pained and alone.
    After the door shut I heard the familiar click of a lock and realized why he had told me that information.
    He was telling me that once again I was nothing but his prisoner, the only difference this time being the slightly better room, which may have made it worse, since I was able to see outside through my bedroom window.
        Despite that, I couldn't call for help through the apparent soundproofing, and no one would have come anyway, even if they did hedges surrounded the entirety of the property:
no one could see in the window. It was like a one-way mirror, you could only see out.
    The feeling of helplessness I had felt in the first weeks here had returned, just as swiftly as, and possibly even stronger than before.