"Flowers for Sheldon..." Parts XX, XXI, XXII...

Summary: Leonard and the gang discover Sheldon has taken advantage of Penny's request for help with her binge drinking to make needed improvements...

Disclaimer: BBT is all Chuck Lorre's...

Part XX...

"Sheldon...Sheldon...Sheldon..."

"Rajesh, must you keep doing that?..." Amy frowned at him...

"Until the little geek asks you properly, yes..." Raj frowned back, eyeing Sheldon as the three stood waiting in the theater main hall...

"But I indicated my willingness to accept Amy Farrah Fowler's proposal..." Sheldon noted, puzzled expression...

"How generous of you...Ask the lady properly, dude...Knees, ring, flowers...The whole schmear, as Howard's and my (once they discover the wonder that is the bagel) people would say...This woman is a treasure, Sheldon...A princess like your Indian story book lady...Overdue thanks by the way for that very positive cultural support...This is not the way to request the hand of a princess..."

"You mean a ring like this...?" Amy extended hand... "Made from a washer from the first computer he ever made?...The diamond I chose of course..."

"Bazinga..." she grinned...Patting the beaming Sheldon...

"Engaged?..." Penny blinked at the happy couple in the theater lobby...

"As in to be married?..." Leonard blinked...

If you'd just gone along with my plan earlier...Howard hissed to Raj...

"Enough, Howard...Penny is the proof that Sheldon's intellect can be merged with a whole functional human..." Raj hissed back... "And a woman like Amy Farrah Fowler is up to the challenge of doing so..."

"We wanted to keep it a secret till the ring was ready but Sheldon couldn't...Make out...With me...Until he'd proposed..." Amy beamed...

"It's the way I am..." Sheldon nodded...

"And you didn't tell us...For days?..." Bernadette stared at Amy...

"So much was going on with Penny...We didn't want it to interfere...There was some chance we were headed for federal prison...And I did want my rock to show off..." grin...Polish... "See how the diamond gleams against the bent stainless steel?..."

"You dog..." Leonard, poking Sheldon... "I can't believe you actually managed to keep this under your hat..."

"What's truly impressive is that he made it to the jeweler's on his own..." Amy noted proudly...

"And thanks, Leonard..." she whispered...

"He's hard to stay mad at..." shrug back...

"It's beautiful, Amy..." Penny...Slight choke up...

"Leonard...?" Amy, head jerk in Penny's direction...

"It's a perfect merging of Sheldon's love of Science and of Romance..." Penny sighed...Leonard, a bit uncertainly moving to her side...She putting arm round him...

"Well, if you want one when we decide..." he began, carefully...

"Well...?" Amy eyed Raj...

"When the formalities commence with the Hofstadter team I'll be equally adamant..." he nodded...

"Looks like we got the pick of the litter romancewise..." she noted to Bernadette who, considering, had to nod...

Eye to Howard...Arch smile...