"Flowers for Sheldon..." Parts II, III

Summary: Leonard and the gang discover Sheldon has taken advantage of Penny's request for help with her binge drinking to make needed improvements. 

Disclaimer: BBT is all Chuck Lorre's. 

Part II. 

"So." Penny eyed the group before her.   "Who's up for some sci-fi trivia on Battlingstars night?"

"Battlestar." Leonard correctly, gently.  Glancing at the others. 

Penny?...Asking to join us on Gallactica night?...

"Right, right." she nodded.  Sheldon observing carefully. 

"No date tonight?..." Leonard asked, attempting to feign innocent curiosity. 

"Nah.  I thought I'd have a quiet one and just hang out with my buds.  If that's ok?...I've been readin' up a bit and I thought I'd check myself out on all that Galactic stuff."

"Oh.  Well, sure." Leonard nodded.   Readin', right.  Howard sighing slightly. 

Much as I love the idea of spending an evening two feet away from those awesome curves.  To sit through her trying to pretend she knows anything about the new.  Or classic.  Gallactica?...He eyed her in her light sweater and shorts. 

Hmmn. 

"Right over here, hon!..." he beckoned.   "Raj, make room for our girl." he shoved, Raj groaning. 

Sheldon narrowly gazing on her, appraising nod to her as she sat. 

Observational log, Dr. Sheldon Cooper. 

March 24th 2012. 

On second encounter of eighth day of the protocol, subject shows little change intellectually, though fairly marked behavioral changes have appeared, including increased tolerance for sci-fi trivia and a reduced desire to copulate within a 24 hour cycle with an athletic and overtly sexually attractive male unknown to the subject.  Definite reduction in the use of addictive substances, primarily alcohol.  However I must note these changes may be related to her stated desire to "clean up her act" and fear of the protocol device, requiring her to remain in or near my presence at all times in case of harmful side effects, limiting access to said unknown males and beforementioned addictive substances. 

"Wait, I know!." eager hand wave at the picture card on table.   "That's a." Intense concentration.   "Guy in a robot suit!..."

'Close enough.  10 points." Howard beamed.  Patting her hand as she beamed. 

"Close enough?..." Leonard queried, staring.   "It's a second-generation Cylon centurion."

"I was gonna say that." Penny noted, arch smile to Sheldon.  See.  I'm already expanding all over the place mindwise. 

"Howard." Leonard fumed. 

"She got the gist.  And I'm judge tonight..10 points." Howard, smiling at her. 

"Sheldon?..." Leonard looked to the supreme arbiter. 

Who pondered.  Moral dilemma. 

Don't want to risk hindering the experiment through negative reinforcement.  Yet. 

C'mon.  A "guy in a robot suit"?

Still.  Science must come first.  Even over Battlestar Gallactica Trivia Night. 

"I think." grim set of jaws.   "It can pass, if the judge has ruled so."

Oh, Ron Moore.  Forgive me...Mea culpa.  Mea culpa.  Mea maxima culpa.