Chapter Six

You never received formal self-defense training, mostly because you were too shy to attend classes on your own and partly because you didn't think this could ever happen to you. 'This' referring to the two drunk men who have cornered you, now proving you wrong and confirming that anything can happen to anyone.

The men were both large, towering over you by a foot, but they also wobbled on the knees as they leered at your skinny jeans. One had a blonde buzz cut while the other had shoulder-length green-dyed hair.

Blondie licked his lower lip and was the first to take a step towards you, rubbing his palms together.

You gave the area a quick scan until you found an empty beer bottle near the pile of garbage by his feet. You took a deep breath and then dove forward, the McDonald's bag forgotten on the ground.

You swiped the bottle and then swung it upward, the lower half of the glass shattered upon hitting the blonde's chin.

His hands fell over his face, blood spurted out his wounds and drops of it landed on your t-shirt.

Before you could shift over to Green-hair he hooked your neck from behind, a soft gasp escaped your mouth and tightening throat.

He forced you to your knees as the need for air grew stronger with every nanosecond his muscular arms garroted you. You were losing oxygen and consciousness, black spots covered your line of sight, but now you were hallucinating. Irises the color of liquid rubies appeared in the darkness. Bright and piercing and angry. There was a flash of white followed by the sound of flesh and fabric tearing in a sick harmonious sync with screaming.

"What the fuck!" Green-hair yelled and his arms slipped off your neck. You fell to your side; you coughed and gasped, inhaling as much free air as you could.

There was a low inhuman growl that sent shivers up your spine. You snuck a glimpse over to the source of the sound. Your vision was better now so you could see that your hallucination was in fact a reality.

Standing in front of you was a wolf the size of a sedan and with fur whiter than snow in stark contrast to its glowing red eyes. Between its bloodied set of four inch teeth were Blondie's waist and legs. Limp and dead.

It threw back its head and swallowed the rest of the body and then it set its attention on Green-hair, who noticed the hunger in the creature's face and immediately started running. But the wolf was crazy fast, it jumped on its hind legs and moved as a blur of white. Green-hair didn't even had the chance to muster a sound like his partner did. The canine snapped its gigantic jaws around his skull, ripping it apart from the neck in one swift motion. Blood sprayed all over the alley and you wondered how it landed on you while the creature's fur remained untouched.

It proceeded to chow down on the remains of the body, but that lasted for only two seconds and soon its red stare was on your figure.

You jerked to a sitting position and scrambled on the floor until your back met with the solid wall of the dead-end alley.

And then, the massive man-eating wolf did the unspeakable: it tilted its head. Cutely, with its left ear flopping.

"Great job"

Jason swaggered beside the dog. His jacket was gone, dressed in a wife beater you could see clearly that his tattoo was no longer where it was supposed to be. Could it be?

"[Name], I don't think you have been formally introduced." He placed a hand on the canine's back, receiving a growl but nothing else "This is my familiar, Gilbert."

"Your tattoo is alive." You said dumbly.

"You catch on pretty fast." He patted the animal "Gilbert, time to come back."