homemade lamb skewers (ii)

Tired and with sore hands, Jungkook was getting ready to leave work to catch the 5:10pm bus home. Taking the bus was very convenient since the nearest bus stop where he lived was literally just outside his apartment.

As he stood up from his desk, he checked the time. 4:52pm. He realised that he still had to catch up on the accumulating emails that had gone through his computer throughout the day.

"Jungkook-ah!" a deep voice called. It was Yoongi, again.
Jungkook managed a small smile, revealing his teeth as he replied, "Hi hyung." with a small wave.

"Wanna come over to dinner tonight? I could give advice to you for Taehyung-ssi on Monday. They appointed to me to have the workplace ready for him. Seungcheol's office had to be cleaned by me today." he mumbled the last part.

"Wait," Jungkook put a hand in front of him, still behind the desk, "If you had to clean his office, why can't you show him around on Monday?" Jungkook had to know if he really did need to do it.

"I knew you were going to ask that," Yoongi instantly said, "I have more errands to run on Monday so I have no free time." he shrugged.

The brown-haired boy pouted. Yoongi smiled and asked, "So dinner?" Jungkook's face lit up.

"Lamb skewers? Homemade?"
"Of course." Yoongi replied with a smile. Jungkook gave a full smile for the first time that way. So did Yoongi, so Jungkook cupped his hands around Yoongi's smiling face and pinched his cheeks. This hyung is so adorable. Jungkook thought to himself.

Someone started laughing around them, it was Hoseok and he was clapping as well. Yoongi flushed at the sight of him.

"Hey Hoseok." Jungkook greeted as he let his hands release the elder's face. Yoongi waved.
"You guys have a good weekend and rest well, I hope." The tall brown haired man said enthusiastically and gave a big smile and walked off.

"Hyung!" Jungkook said excitedly to Yoongi, "let's go I'm starving."

———————
Yoongi's apartment

A plate of lamb 8 lamb skewers sat on the rectangular table at Yoongi's apartment. His house was tiny but well enough for Yoongi. Throughout his apartment, there were many black, white and grey scales that decorated the house, even his piano was white that stood out from the grey walls.

He had grey suede couches, black coffee table, green succulents in little white pots for decor in his glossy black-cupboard kitchen, grey tiled flooring and a small study with the words 'Give it to me' on the monitor.

The black-haired man's alter-ego is 'Agust D'. Only Jungkook, Jimin and another friend Namjoon knows about his rapping skills and so do his other family friends back in Daegu.

Yoongi considered himself a 'not bad' cook, lamb skewers being his specialty. Jungkook took one from the plate.

He always loved his hyung's lamb skewers ("You should open a restaurant that sells only lamb skewers called 'skewered by the skewer'" he suggested once) "Advice for me hyung?" Jungkook asked as he took a bite.

"Take him up to his office, ask if he wants any tea or coffee, get it for him, ask if he wants a tour aro-" Yoongi was interrupted by Jungkook's small laugh. Yoongi looked confused.

"You sure you can't do it yourself?" Jungkook asked again, "it's so cliche but okay. I get it. Thanks hyung." Yoongi just replied with a polite smile, ignoring Jungkook's arrogance. He tends to do that but he has gotten used to it.

Jungkook stayed for the next hour and a bit at Yoongi's talking about their week at work. Yoongi is expecting overtime payment this week while Jungkook still had plenty of emails to read but he really wanted to watch 'Legend of the Blue Sea' again ("Lee MinHo-sunbaenim is amazing!" Jungkook gushed that night.)

a/n---------

we all love lamb skewers ammirite? xD