sorry for assuming (iv)

That same day 2 1/2 hours after Kim Taehyung's arrival, Jungkook found himself at Yoongi's desk.
"Why ask that?" Yoongi replied. Jungkook asked him how Taehyung got appointed as boss in the first place.

"Tell me, hyung. Did Seungcheol-ssi choose him?" Jungkook asked again. Yoongi sighed in his chair, sipped his iced americano.

"Yes, he did. He went to university with Taehyung-ssi, Pledis University. They took the same course and he was looking for a job. So after Seungcheol decided to do something else, he appointed Taehyung. He said he was experienced and I took his word for it. Give him time, it's only his first day, coconut head."

Jungkook shrugged, "You know me hyung."
"1-0 Yoongi." The older murmured as he put down his nearly finished drink.
"I gotta get going, bye hyung." He waved as he walked out the door, but on the way out, he accidentally ran into someone's shoulder, making Jungkook almost fall over.

"Woah!"

the man caught Jungkook by the waist and his right shoulder. All that Jungkook could smell was some kind of high-end perfume brand. It was Taehyung.

"Jungkook-ssi you okay?" He brushed the younger man's left shoulder unnecessarily.
"Yeah, I'm okay. Sorry." Jungkook quickly said and tried to walk away.

"Look's like you've fallen for me." The hazel-haired man smirked as Jungkook scoffed and walked away briskly. Taehyung couldn't really help it but smile at the younger's clumsiness.

As rude as it was to leave like that, Jungkook realised that his boss was definitely flirting with him. But why? Is he gay? Jungkook passed these thoughts away in his head.

The man flicked his head back, swiping the hair out of his eyes and sighed and got to work.

------------

Meanwhile, Taehyung was approaching Yoongi. The place was full of people. Not loud, neither silent, but it was somewhere in the middle. As he walked, many people greeted him with a hello and he politely greeted back. He found the person he was looking for.

"Taehyung-ssi, hello," Yoongi stood up and bowed his head, "how has your day been so far?"

"It's been great!" Taehyung said wholeheartedly, "I just have one question," Yoongi gave his boss all of his attention as he sipped his drink.
"What is it?"

"Is Jungkook, you know, available?"
Yoongi suddenly started to cough violently, his drink went down the wrong pipe. He beat his chest repeatedly. Taehyung just got even more flustered as he stood there.

"Hyung, you okay?" another man came along, going to Yoongi. And who could this be? He noticed the hazel haired man.

"Oh! You are our new boss right? I'm Jimin, Park Jimin." He extended a hand. Taehyung gratefully took it, "Kim Taehyung." He smiled.

"Don't mind this man and his iced americano." Jimin patted Yoongi on the back as his coughs got less violent, but still managed give Jimin a tiny glare.

"I'll go now, I need to see Jungkook," Jimin explains, "Oh and have a good day Taehyung-ssi! And you too Yoongi-hyung." Jimin said as he pats Yoongi's back one more time. Jimin waves one last time as walks out the door.

Yoongi finally settled from his coughing fit and looked at Taehyung seriously,
"Taehyung-ssi, you know the barriers right?" Yoongi questioned. Taehyung looked slightly confused, offended and embarrassed.

He realised what he said, "Oh, sorry for assuming."
"It's fine, you got the answer right anyway." The younger replied looking down on the floor.

"I've dropped two hints already today. He doesn't seem to be buying them though, he just ignores them." Taehyung explained, Yoongi just smiled.

"Well, all I can say is good luck. It took me 4 weeks to warm up to him when I first met him. The real Jeon Jungkook is very happy and not uptight. Trust me." Taehyung found hope in Yoongi's words.

"But how will you manage?" Yoongi frowned slightly. Yoongi was concerned not only for Taehyung and his intentions but also for Jungkook and his reaction.

Taehyung smiled confidently and straightened his shirt.
"I have my ways, don't worry."

a/n---------

ahhhh our park jimin made an appearance! what could he possibly do? will he finally give this story the jams that it needs? i dunno fam.