bare with it (xi)

"You want to what?" Wonwoo exclaimed. He stood up from his couch to the fridge to get the drinks Jungkook had asked for.

"Hyung, I'm doing what's best." Jungkook reasoned, shrugging and running his hand through his hair making it slightly messier.

"Give me one good reason why then."

————
Outside EatJin, Friday 12:07pm

Jungkook paid for the lunch he had with Taehyung at EatJin.

"Jungkook-ssi, thanks again." He continued, "we should get to know each other more. You know, since we're going to be reporting to each other." Both walked out the door, out in the sunny streets of Seoul.

"Y-yeah. I guess." Jungkook uttered ad he shoved his hands in his pocket, looking straight forward and not at Taehyung.

Taehyung was a bit taken aback at this tiny gesture. So his tone unconsciously became louder.
"Jungkook-ssi, please," Taehyung stopped at the side of the pavement. Jungkook, who was looking back at him, did the same, keeping a good distance from each other.

"It's not going to be normal from now on, I know." Taehyung reminded him. "Just... bare with it, okay?" He couldn't do anything else but to ask for closure.

Jungkook just looked at him. Eyes opened wide, his mouth in an almost-scowl.

Did this man really think it's okay to let his feelings out on me? Jungkook thought in his head. His displays of his interest in Jungkook were obvious as hell, from the pick-up lines and them just looking at each other.

Jungkook wanted a real relationship, not like the ones in high-school where girls would threaten him and Yoongi to go on dates with them. They usually only lasted for a month after trying to get rid of the clingy girls.

He surely didn't think of Taehyung that way. Because this time he wasn't threatening, he wasn't obnoxious and most importantly, he didn't try to cling onto the younger.

Jungkook did not need that again.

"You know what," Jungkook exasperatedly said, fed up with the situation. He eyes the begging Taehyung from bottom to top.

"I can't bare with it either."

————

"So you think that's a good enough reason to quit your job?" Wonwoo asked Jungkook, who is currently about to grab the beer in front of him.

"You better not end up like that guy on 'Hello Counselor'. He literally had 35 jobs his whole life and quits after 2 to 3 months." The elder added.

Jungkook chuckled, remembering that episode. "Hyung, I'm 20 and I've had this job for 2 years. And if my boss is having trouble at his job because of a certain person, it's better that I leave."

"Yah, you mean you and your boss like each other." Wonwoo fiddled with the beer in his hands.

"I mean," Jungkook sat up. "I don't like him but with some aspects I do."

"And they are..?"

"He's friendly, reliable and.." he snorted to himself.

"And..?" Wonwoo was curious.

Jungkook buried his face on the inside of his arm.

"Pretty hot." Jungkook ends up laughing at himself.

Wonwoo laughed along with him, rolling his eyes at Jungkook. The younger took a sip of the bottle in his hands.

And the drinks accumulated that night...

————

Yoongi looks up at Wonwoo, eyes dark, "Wonwoo-ah, why'd you call me at this time at night." Yoongi rubbed his eyes

Wonwoo looked down at his feet and guided his hand to his living room.

"See for yourself."

Yoongi lazily looks at the living room. Jungkook sat on the floor, legs crossed, clutching a pillow. But what caught his eye was the 1 and a half empty bottles of beer on the centre table.

"Sorry hyung."

Yoongi scoffed, "Yah, it's okay. Didn't know Jungkook was a lightweight either."

He steps into his apartment, walks over to the younger and took a closer look at him. Jungkook was barely blinking and was staring at the blue walls, a tear running down his cheek.

Yoongi went from standing to sitting in front of Jungkook and tries to take the pillow off him. But he ends up getting hit in the head by Jungkook.

"Yah!" Jungkook yelled, making Yoongi and Wonwoo sitting on the couch jump, "I'm trying to think of ways to make this better, okay?!" Jungkook pulled his hair in frustration.

He gets up and stomps out the front door, leaving the door open.

Yoongi stared at his friend as he walked out.

"What happened to him, Wonwoo-ah?"

He shifted in his seat and starts telling him why he went to his house when his boss was having dinner at Jimin's and to the time he ate lunch with him.

"Oh. I wasn't aware he had liked Taehyung." Yoongi commented as he leaned against the wall.

"But at least he took me and Mingyu's advice to have lunch with him."

Yoongi smiled. "Thanks, Wonwoo. I really wouldn't have given him that good advice."

"Are you saying you're having issues yourself, hyung?" Wonwoo jokingly teased the elder.

"N-no, sh-shut up." Yoongi stuttered and he was immediately flustered. Also because no one exactly knew he was interested in Hoseok.

Wonwoo winked at Yoongi and Yoongi rolled his eyes. He looked at the front door, Jungkook stood at the balcony overlooking an almost-empty street. A bunch of people talking and laughing contrasted Jungkook's expression on his face.

Yoongi walked out the door after Wonwoo told him to go and comfort his friend while he went to throw away the empty bottles on the table. He breathed in the crisp air of the night.

"Wonwoo told me about Taehyung-ssi." Yoongi softly began, Jungkook closed his eyes.

"Of course he did," Jungkook replies, sighing afterwards. Yoongi stood beside Jungkook, "I really don't wanna deal with this anymore.

"I don't want to continue with my job, hyung."

"Kookie, give it one more week. Please. You never know," the elder spoke up, slightly loud. Jungkook looked at his hyung with a frown.

But, Jungkook did consider to give it one more week. His frustration just took over his mind and soul until alcohol came to strengthen it even more.

The younger felt a hand on his shoulder, "I'll help you, Jungkook-ah." Yoongi softly soothed the younger.

He looked at Wonwoo's front door and saw the man walking to the living room, made eye contact and Yoongi nodded.

Patting Jungkook on the back, Yoongi walks to the elevator at the end of the hallway.

How am I going to help you and Taehyung?

————

what did i just write omg

THANKS FOR OVER 100 READS BY THE WAY 🖤🖤🖤

sooO i didn't exactly plan this out very well, it's all in my head but I still don't know how to execute it after 1 week. im always trying to find ways so i'll try harder :D