🖤 Chapter One 💙

*Trigger Warning: Self hate, suicidal thoughts*

Connor was sitting at his desk, bored to death. He looked out the window and saw a turtle. 'Oh, a little turtle. I hope it gets ate by a bird.' Connor thought, then drew the image on his hand, scribbling over the turtle with red ink.

~~~~~

Evan was hiding in a bathroom stall crying. 'Death seems better', he wrote on his thigh. He felt a tingle on his hand and saw what his soulmate drew, which made him cry more. He hated knowing that his soulmate would know how much he hated himself.

~~~~

'What was that?' Connor thought, feeling something on his thigh. He got a hall pass and raced to the bathroom. Presumably alone, he pulled down his pants and sighed. 'Why is my soulmate so mean to themselves?' Connor thought.

~~~~

Evan heard someone talking to themselves, but decided to ignore it. 'I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory' he wrote on his upper leg.

Connor was very concerned for his soulmate, but didn't know if he could get an answer by writing on his leg. Eventually, he decided to go for it. 'Hey, are you okay?' Connor wrote.

"Not really, but don't worry." Evan was confused about why his soulmate even cared about him, he didn't matter. Evan decided to draw ": )" on his leg so his soulmate wouldn't worry.

''I'm going to worry, smiles or not. Spill.'' Connor usually didn't care about people this much, but this was his soulmate.

"I'm fine. : )" Evan knew he'd messed up and had to lie.

"No" is all Connor wrote before he realized that his thigh was running out of room. He got up to the sink and scrubbed away the old ink, awaiting a reply from whoever he was talking to.

Evan washed off the things he wrote and started drawing hearts and smiley faces all over his legs.

~~~~~~

Connor noticed someone come out of a stall and wash their leg too. "Talking to your soulmate?" Connor asked the smaller boy. He felt the familiar tingle on his leg. "Me too, I'm really worried," Connor told the blonde and started drawing cracks in the hearts and tears on the smiley faces.

"W-why?" Evan mumbled. He felt a tingle, but ignored it for now.

"They wrote some things about death, then said they weren't fine but I shouldn't worry, and now are doing a really bad cover up. I know those signs all too well. I mean, I might not be worried about too much, but soulmates are different," Connor answered.

"Oh. I'm sorry, that really sucks. Maybe they're just upset? Not really suicidal, just upset or depressed," Evan said, scared of how Connor would react.

"You make a good point, but the thing that scares me is that they won't talk about it. Like I want to be a safe place for them to vent," Connor told Evan.

"Maybe they're just scared? Or don't feel like writing it all down?" Evan said, trying to comfort Connor.

"You're so smart dude, why haven't we met?" Connor was intrigued by the little guy and felt like introducing himself. "I'm Connor Murphy, mostly known as Zoe's brother, druggie, school shooter, and printer kid."

"Oh... um... I'm Evan Hansen. I don't know why we haven't met, but I should go," Evan said quickly before running out of the bathroom.

"Bye..." Connor said watching as the shorter boy, Evan, went away. He thought about what Evan said, and decided to try to meet his soulmate. 'Hey, you wanna meet up?' Connor wrote.

~~~~~~~
A/N:
This is a collaboration with my friend sophia_lopez28 be sure to check out their stories!

Total Word Count: 619 Words