💙 Chapter Eleven 🖤

Connor grabbed his wallet, then Evan's hand, and finally got into the car. "What music do you listen to?"

"M-musicals and alternative m-mostly."

"Okay, do you want to plug in your phone and play your playlist?"

"I-I guess. There aren't very good s-songs on it, though."

"It's fine, I want to listen to what you do."

"O-okay." Evan plugged in his phone and hit shuffle. "Migraine" came on and Evan looked to Connor.

As Connor listened to the words, he suddenly grew an attachment to the song. At 'am I the only one', he started tearing up. As he was trying to wipe away the tears he told Evan, "God sorry I'm so emotional, it- it’s a good song."

"I-I wrote some of the lyrics on my leg t-that day,” Evan said, thinking back to the day he met Connor.

“Is- is that how you feel too?"

"S-sometimes. I'm sorry. I'll c-change the song."

"No! We can listen to it, I want to know how it ends.."

"O-okay." The song ended and Evan quickly grabbed his phone, not wanting another "bad" song to come on. "I'm sorry. I s-should delete those types of s-songs."

"It's alright, calm down. Got anything more upbeat though..?"

"Y-yeah." Evan turned on 'Helpless' and started singing along.

Connor tried to focus on the road, but Evan's voice was so distracting. He sounded like an angel, and Connor couldn't get enough of it. "You have an amazing voice.."

Evan blushed. "Thanks, but you need to p-pay attention to the road."

"How can I focus on anything but you?" Connor said in a daze.

"Because if you don't, we'll d-die."

"If I died in this moment, I would be the happiest person in the world. Everything is perfect right now."

"B-but you're not going to die, for m-me. Remember?"

"Y-yeah, right. I'm staying here." Connor refocused on the road.

"Good." Evan smiled

~~~

Connor drove a little further, then arrived at the ice cream shop. "This is it!" He got out of the car and met Evan on the other side.

"Wow. It's very big..."

"Yeah, they have so many flavors! Cmon," Connor said and dragged Evan into it. "Get whatever you want, my treat."

"O-okay. I'll get vanilla. W-will you order it?"

"Of course," Connor said and smiled

Evan smiled. "I'm sorry. It's just n-not really a p-people day."

"I understand, that's fine. Could you grab a table while I go order?"

"Yeah. O-of course." Evan found a table in an area without many people and sat down.

~~~

Connor got their ice creams, then went back to meet Evan and handed him his order. "I swear to you that it's  the best on earth."

"Okay." Evan said, messing with his shirt. He didn't really know what to say or do, so he just sat there.

"Is this too awkward? I'm sorry, I don't want you to be uncomfortable.. what would you like to talk about?"

"A-anything." Evan said quickly, letting out a breath of relief.

"Hmmm.. what's your favorite color?" Connor asked.

"B-blue,” Evan answered.

"What kind?"

"S-sky blue," Evan said, stirring his ice cream even though he hadn't ate any.

"That's nice. You gonna try the ice cream?" Connor pointed out and laughed.

“Um... I don't know, I'm n-not really h-hungry.... I kind of feel like p-puking."

"What? Why? Are you sick?"

"N-no, just a-anixous," Evan mumbled, ashamed.

"Okay.. Is there anything I can do to make you feel more comfortable?"

"I d-don't know... D-distract me?" Evan slowly put a bite of ice cream in his mouth.

"Hmmm.. ooh cheesey pickup lines! Are you McDonalds, 'cause I'm loving it!"

Evan laughed. "T-the ice cream is really good."

"It tastes just as good as you~" Connor said and winked.

Evan turned as red as a tomato and hid his face.

"You're so adorable," Connor said, grinning ear to ear.

"N-no I'm not." Evan said, though it was muffled by his shirt.

“Yes you are~" Connor reached over and grabbed Evan's hand, then kissed it.

"C-Connor~" Evan whined.

"You're amazing Evan.."

"P-please stop." Evan didn't want to curl into a ball in public.

"What? Why? You don't like it? I'm so sorry.."

Evan came out of his shirt. "I-I'm sorry. It's just n-not true..."

"What? Yes it is.”

"N-no it isn't. Can we talk about this l-later?" Evan quickly started eating his ice cream, looking for an excuse to not say anything.

"We should talk about it now.. C'mon let's go to the car.." Connor stood up and grabbed Evan's hand.

"W-what about my i-ice cream?" Evan didn't want to talk about it, and was finding every excuse not to.

"We can take it, let's go."

"B-but I thought we were eating here."

"Change of plans. I want to talk about this. Now."

"P-please. Can't we wait?" Evan was practically begging Connor now.

Connor almost yelled, but his voice stayed even, "No." Connor lifted Evan to his feet, then started walking away.

Evan started walking after him, silently crying.