Chapter Eight: Friends?

Song: Eighteen by Tep No
•Travis's POV
My eyes fluttered open and I saw a white ceiling. Is this heaven or hell? I looked around the room and saw everyone in the room. Definitely hell...
How does this even happen.
They were all sleeping except Lainey.
She saw my eyes open and went to wake everyone up.
"Wait." I said in a crackly voice.
"What?" She asked.
"Please don't. I just want to talk to you first."
She crossed her arms and nodded for me to proceed.
"Look, I'm really sorry I don't know why I did that. I'm just a shit stirrer. I really hope you can forgive me."
"Honestly, Travis, you need some fucking help." She said.
"I know." I laid my head down on the pillow.
"They're admitting you in their 72 hour program... They think you did it on purpose." She said.
"Again?" I muttered under my breath.
"What do you mean again?" I asked.
"When I was thirteen years old I tried to... kill myself, and they admitted me. Then I met Cole and things became awesome, until now."
"Can I... ask why?" She unfolded her arms.
"Yeah, I was just really fat and I got tormented in school."
"Oh, did you throw yourself in front of the car or was it an accident?" She asked.
"It was an accident I swear." I said.
"I believe you, this is your last chance. I really hope we can be friends Travis."
"I want to be friends."
"Maybe you can help me start working out and loosing weight." She mumbled.
"I'd love to help you out... once I get out of here."
"Yeah." She scratched the back of her head.
"Friends?" I stuck out my hand.
She took it, "friends." She smiled.
"Do you want me to wake them up now?" She asked.
I nodded and I could tell Cole was fake sleeping. Ugh, I hope he didn't hear all of that.
Cole's POV
"You really need to get some fucking help." Lainey was pissed.
Everything is just so messed up right now with everyone.
I decided to see how this played out and I pretended to sleep, the more I listened, the more I felt horrible. I knew all of this stuff about Travis already, but it still sucks.
Lainey came over and woke us up.
"Oh my gosh Travis." Iris ran up to him and hugged him.
Lainey giggled and her smiled faded away when she turned towards me.
"Hey." I said.
"Hi."
It was like we were strangers again. I shifted uncomfortably.
"If you can patch things up with Travis why can't we?" I asked.
"So, if I threw myself in front of a car would you forgive me then?"
"This is what pisses me off we literally just had our one month like a week ago and you're so quick to judge me and not hear my side of the story, honestly Cole I think we should just be friends for now until things cool down between every one. We'll go from there."
"Okay." I sighed.
I still like Lainey and I'll do everything in my power to get her back.
But for now, we're friends...
•Lainey's POV•
It's been around another three weeks and prom was in about a month.
I am still really confused where me and Cole stand. I really like Cole, heck I may even love him but I needed a break from him. I looked at him next to me driving and he looked, so hot tonight. We were currently going to Jenny's party. It was going to be a lot of dancing and stuff. This time theme was black out, so we all had to wear black.
Last time I went to one of these things it didn't go very well. Travis and Iris were in the back holding hands.
Travis was doing pretty well after the accident. His ribs were still sore but he'll live. I wanted to make sure that Cole knows he can kiss or do other stuff with who ever he wants. He nodded hesitantly.
We pulled up and got out, everyone looked great.
(Iris's outfit ⬇️)