Chapter Sixteen: Surprise!

Song: Crickets by Drop City Yacht club

Lainey's POV
He took off my blindfold.
"Surprise!" They all shouted.
I looked at Cole kind of annoyed I was expecting a bed full of rose petals or something like that, but no I get a room full of strangers.
I wore the lingerie that Cole bought for me a while ago. He's wanted to see me in that for a while. I was also wearing laid back clothes because I didn't expect to be wearing them for long.

 I was also wearing laid back clothes because I didn't expect to be wearing them for long

I put on a fake smile and said thank you to everyone except for Iris. The lights lowered and music blasted. It was another party I didn't want to be at nothing ever good comes from parties. Do people not notice that?
I dragged Cole into a room, "are you serious? I just wanted a quiet night between us."
"Iris pushed me to bring you here."
"Ugh! I can't believe her!"
"How about you look past of what you want and you try to appreciate what Iris is doing for you." Cole said.
My jaw dropped to the floor. I didn't think he would ever defend her. He reached out to hold my hand, I crossed my arms before he could.
"Really?" He stood up, "she's just trying to be your friend."
He shoved passed me and walked out.
I sat on the bed and tears rolled down my face. I couldn't stop them.
I hate when Cole gets mad at me. He's right and I know it. I don't want to admit it. I should appreciate what Iris did for me. It's like accepting a shitty present from your grandma. You just got to smile and say thank you.
I felt someone sit next to me. I looked over and it was a blonde guy with green eyes. He looked really familiar.
"Hey." He said.
Now I remember he's Cole's friend that took photos of us at prom. I think his name was Harry... or was it Henry? I don't know I can't remember.
"Hey."
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"You know just relationship stuff."
"I feel you on that one my boyfriend just dumped me yesterday." He swung his head low.
"I'm sorry, that really sucks."
"Yeah but I'll get over it. What seems to be eating you up?"
"My best friend she's threw me this party and I that I didn't want and then my boyfriend Cole defended her shitty actions from before. I don't know it's really confusing."
"Seems like it."
"Yeah, Cole got mad at me because I don't appreciate Iris's efforts. I know he's right though."
"Maybe you should apologize."
"Yeah, I should." I sighed.
"Do you need a hug first?"
I nodded and he held me into a tight embrace.
Iris opened the door and made a gasp.
"LAINEY!" She shouted.
I pulled away, "what?"
"I'm telling Cole!" She stormed out.
"Oh my god, do you see this." I huffed.
"Yeah." He raised his eyebrows.
Soon Iris came back with Cole.
"Look! She was sitting here kissing him!" She pointed at me.
Cole started to laugh, Iris looked very confused.
"Iris, he's gay. No way would they be kissing." He said.
"Yeah, I'm so happy you'd think I do that to Cole. We were just talking and then he hugged me."
"Oh..." Iris said.
"Thanks for the party Iris but I got to go." I pushed past both of them.
"Let me drive you." Cole said.
"I'm fine, Cole. It's only a couple blocks.
"You're being ridiculous." He grabbed my hand.
I willing walked with him to his car. The ride was really quite.
"I just don't get why she's like this! I hate parties nothing good comes from them!" I yell.
"One party was pretty good."
"Which one was that?" I crossed my arms.
"The one where you kissed me." He smiled, "I knew I had to have you at that very moment."
"Cole, I love you."
"I love you too, Lane."
I kissed his cheek and down to his neck.
"I'm driving." He pushed me away.
"Let's go to that lake that we went to when you asked me to prom."
"Uh okay." He quietly agreed.
"I think we can still salvage my birthday." I giggled.

Iris's POV
Fuck why can't I do anything right?! I literally just ruin everything and now I'm stuck with all these assholes in my my fucking house. I need to find Travis.
I pushed my through the crowd. Why did I think Lainey wanted any of this?! I'm so fucking stupid.
I eventually found him though the chaos. I'm so mad at my self I ruined Lainey's birthday.
"Shit Travis I really fucked up again."
"Babe what happened he asked."
"Lainey hates me!" I shouted.
"Let's go outside."
We fought our way outside and stuck our feet in my pool.
"I really messed up."
"What did you do?" He asked.
"I gave her this party and then I also accused her of cheating, but the guy was just gay anyways."
"Babe, don't you think Lainey is being a little not appreciative?"
"W-what?" I looked at him confused.
"I mean the cheating thing was kind of mean if you to do, but you threw her party and she didn't even try to act happy or say thanks."
"You know your right. She doesn't appreciate me."
"Maybe you guys should go out for coffee or something and figure it out."
"Travis when have you started to be the one with the wise advice?"
"You've changed me." He leaned over and gave me a sweet slow peck.
"I love you."
"I love you too." He squeezed my cheeks and kissed me again.

Lainey's POV
We arrived at the spot and it was so pretty. I dragged him to the dock and sat on the edge of it.
He sat next to me and leaned over to try to kiss me but I turned my cheek.
"What?" He asked.
I stood up and took off my clothes and reveled the lingerie.
"Oh my god Lainey." He tried to cover me with my clothes, "you realize this is a public park right?"
"My parents are home and so is your mom so... why not do it here." I smirked.
"I think you caught some of Iris's crazy."
"Come on Cole, we've been undressed over here before."
"You weren't wearing this." He glanced me up and down.
"How about you take it off then?" I whispered in his ear.
He finally gave in and we started to intensely kiss. He took his shit off.
Soon we heard foot steps and a bright light shine in our eyes.
"Fuck." We both said at the same time.
I could see the anger in Cole's face.
"Put your clothes on kids." The officer said.
I nodded, we quickly did. We walked over to his patrol car and tears streamed down my face.
"Do you know how illegal this is? Public indecency? I should really call your parents! Or even better take you downtown."
"Officer we're really sorry! We won't ever do it again!" I said.
"Yes sir we learned our lesson it won't ever happen again!" Cole added.
The officer sighed, "because you guys are so young, you guys can go. But first I am going to do a breathalyzer on you guys to make sure you weren't drinking."
"Okay that's fair." Cole said.
"Really fair! Thank you!" I added.
We both passed and we were allowed to go.
"Fuck! Cole I'm really sorry!"
Took a deep breath and opened his arms.
I felt a little relived but I still knew I was in trouble with him. I walked into his arms and wrapped his arms around me tight.
"I'm not mad, I think we should not do illegal things."
"Too bad I wanted to get high."
"Are you serious?" He seemed annoyed.
"I was kidding!" I giggled.
"Good." He chucked too.
•••
He dropped my off at my house, before I got out of the car he said, "I really did like the lingerie by the way. You look beautiful." He kissed me.
"Thank you for appreciating it because it's not comfortable."
"What? You've been wearing that all day?"
"Yeah I know the underwire is stabbing my armpit right now."
"Sexy." He chuckled.
"I'll see you soon Cole." I gave him a peck.
"Bye!"