Chapter twelve: Graduation night

song: house by the sea- iron and wine
Travis's POV
tonight was the night we left high school for good. We're never going to come back and sit in the stupid desks where we slept the whole time. Enjoy it while it lasts because it does go by fast. I rubbed my sweaty hands together as they called out our names one by one.
"Bradley Hans, Tessa hassles..." And so on. Soon it was my turn.
I walked up to the stage nervously. I got my diploma and shook some stupid guys hand and walked away back to my seat.
That was very anti climatic.
After everyone was done calling names we flipped over our tassel on the other side Of our heads and threw our caps in the air.

Iris's POV
Tears swelled in my eyes as we turned our tassels. I knew nothing was going to be the same again.
Lainey patted my back once she noticed me. I was upset because we'll never do the things we used to do anymore like eating in the cafeteria together everyday.
Never again, they're just memories now.
"It's okay Iris." Lainey gave me a small smile.
I smiled back at her, fuck I'm going to miss her. I know we have three months left together but I know they'll fly by.
Soon the ceremony was over. We all got together and took thousands of pictures.
I saw a handsome blonde hair boy behind the bleachers staring at me. He had on a leather jacket and some ripped up jeans.
"Hey babe what are you looking at?" Travis hugged me from behind.
"I thought I saw an animal over there."
"All I see is Wheeler over there, and he definitely counts."
"What why?"
"He's just a player, don't pay any attention to him."
I nodded and went off with my friends.
He was strange.
Cole's POV
After graduating this hell hole all of us went out to dinner. I hated high school. I was going to a school close to Lainey's school. It just happened to turn out that way, it wasn't on purpose. I'm going to an art school where I can be myself and not have anyone judge me for liking photography. I'm excited to be in a close proximity to Lainey so I can always have my beautiful model by my side.
Lainey seemed totally unfazed. She seemed like this was like every other day while everyone else was crying or praying to God it was over. Lainey just sat there eating content.
"So, Lainey how are you feeling about this?" Iris asked.
"Fine. I really didn't care for high school." She nodded.
"I thought you loved it?" Iris looked sad.
"No I didn't because I had people calling me fat for every step I took." She rolled her eyes.
"Boo Hoo for the fatty!" A girl where a red dress said.
"And who the fuck are you?" I said.
"I'm Maddie, I can't believe you assholes don't know me." She crossed her arms.
"What do you want?" Iris asked.
"You." She pointed to Lainey, "I'm writing an article in the actual newspaper and they want one on all the colleges that students are going to."
Lainey told her the school she was going to hesitantly.
"You're also invited to my grad party at my house, Bye bitches." She flipped her long red hair over her shoulders and walked away.
"Uh okay." Iris said confused.
"And that's why I'm happy I graduated." Lainey rolled her eyes.
I rubbed her back and she looked at me with her beautiful eyes that looked sad.
"It's okay." I said, "in three months you'll be away from here."
A small warm smile grew on her face.
"Anyways." Iris curled her lip up at me.
I wondered what I said to piss her off. Oh well.
I noticed Iris kept staring at Aron Wheeler. That guy is a troublemaker, he's a drug dealer and player. She better not get mixed up with him. I know Lainey wouldn't do that to us, but I don't know about Iris. Iris always looks for trouble.
I noticed that Travis was getting annoyed with it too.
"Hey how about we go to Maddie's party tonight." She suggested.
"After what she just said to Lainey?" I said.
"Its still a party." She rolled her eyes.
"What is your problem Iris?" I asked.
"It's fine we can go if you guys want to."
I shrugged in my response.
Everyone agreed to go so after ldinner we went and got ready.

Lainey was gorgeous like always. I've noticed since we've been going out she's really been getting more confident and buying things she wouldn't of worn before. This low cut shirt she wouldn't have even looked at in a store.
Travis's POV
My baby looked so hot tonight and hopefully it's for me and not the guy she's literally been staring at all night.

•Travis's POV•My baby looked so hot tonight and hopefully it's for me and not the guy she's literally been staring at all night

My heart sank as soon as I thought about them together. I don't know what I'll do if she starts cheating on me.
Would I break up with her?
Or would I try to work it out?
I think she knows what she's doing and if she wants to go down that road so be it.
Cole nudged me and whispered in my ear, "keep an eye on her tonight."
I got worried even more. I hope she doesn't do what I think she's doing. As soon as we got there Iris disappeared into the crowd.
"Fuck." I said as I watch her be swallowed up by the crowd.
I looked at Lainey who was getting annoyed to, we all went to go and find her.
Iris's POV
I immediately was looking for that blonde kid I saw earlier. I heard someone say he was a drug dealer and honestly right about now I need something to handle my stress right now. I eventually found him upstairs in a hallway where few kids were hanging out.
"Hey!" I said.
"Hey cutie." He winked at me.
"What are you selling?" I asked.
"Pot, Cocaine, LSD... you know your average." She shrugged.
"Can I have a joint please." I took out a $20.
"You have to show me your boobs and let me touch them." He gave me a creepy smile.
I cringed a little bit, "what are we twelve?"
"Maybe, but you sure don't look like it."
"Ew." I rolled my eyes.
I looked around for anyone that might be looking at us. I looked for an empty room. I shut the door and made sure it was locked.
He sat in the bed patiently.
I took off my shirt and stood in front of him and I let him touch me. His hands were clammy and just gross I miss Travis's warm soft hands.
"Alright that's enough." I said putting my shirt on.
He grabbed my wrist tightly, "I say when we're done."
"Get off of me!" I shoved him away and I guess I didn't lock the conjoined bathroom door too because Travis came in. He was so angry. He ripped the blonde kid off of me and started to punch him repeatedly.
"Stop your going to kill him!" I shouted.
Travis looked up at me and saw the bruise that was already forming around my wrist from his grasps.
"Oh my god, he didn't!" He screamed punching him again.
"Stop!"
Travis stood up with bloody knuckles and he was breathing heavily.
"Get your shirt on we're leaving." He commanded.
"Okay."
I got it on and followed Travis outside.
"I'm sorry." I muttered.
"Did he..."
"No, I really wanted something to take the edge off, so like I let him play with my boobs for a joint but then he got mad when I said enough was enough."
"Oh my... Iris."
"I'm sorry." My head swung low.
"I don't know what to say." He covered his mouth.
"I am so sorry Travis." My eyes started to well up with tears.
"Fuck...Iris. I can't believe that." He shook his head.
"I don't know what to do." I started fully crying, "everyone is just slipping out of my hands like putty and I don't know what to do."
"What?" He looked at me.
"Everyone is leaving me, I'm stuck and I'm fucking alone."
"Babe, I'm not going anywhere." He came over and hugged me so forgivingly.