Chapter Thirteen: Just a fuck up

song: bit by bit- mother mother

Iris's POV
I sat up in my bed just wanting to sink back in for the rest of my life. Last night was just really embarrassing and I don't want to relive it.
My phone rang and it was Travis. I answered it.
"What's up?" I asked.
"What do you want to do tonight?"
"Nothing." I said looking down at my fingers.
"That means we can cuddle while watching a movie." Travis chuckled.
"No Travis, I just don't want to see you tonight."
"Iris don't do this to me... I just want a nice evening with my beautiful girlfriend."
"Well, she's not in the mood."
"Babe, what the..."
"I have to go bye." I hung up the phone.
I couldn't see his face today. I don't want to see the look of disgust on it.
Lainey's POV
I swung my door open excited to see Cole, because my parents aren't here this weekend.
"Hey babe!" I hugged him.
"Hey." He kissed my cheek.
"Let's go watch a movie."
"Okay." He followed me to the couch.
I started the new horror movie on Netflix. I put my hand on his upper thigh. He pushed my hand off of him. I intently knew something was wrong. I tried it again and he yelled at me, "Damn, I'm not in the mood."
I sat up shocked because he yelled at me.
"What the fuck Cole."
"I'm sorry I'm just not in the mood tonight." He leaned back and crossed his arms.
"Did I do something?" I asked.
"No I'm just...thinking."
Tears started to well up in my eyes, "About what?"
"Iris-"
"Are you fucking kidding me." I threw my self on the couch.
"Let me finish, Iris because of what happened last night."
"What happened?"
"She got caught by Travis cheating on him to get drugs and now she won't even talk to him."
I got up pissed off, "I'll be back soon."
I got into my car and left Cole by himself. Soon I pulled into Iris's drive way. I let my self in and run up to her room.
"Get up!" I screamed.
She sat up looking like a mess, "what?" She gave me an innocent  look.
"You don't get to do this Iris!" I shouted.
"Do what?"
"You seriously need to get your shit together and stop pushing away people and epically not Travis! Sure Travis is a dick but he's your dick and you can't do that."
"Lainey, it's none of your business."
"It's none of my business? Are you kidding me? You seriously made all your problems mine and I'm always the one who picks up after you."
"That's not true, I can handle my self."
"Oh really? We left you alone for a second and your fucking some guy thats not your boyfriend."
"This isn't just about Travis is it? You're just jealous I can have anyone I want and you're just a fat nobody, hell I can even fuck Cole if I wanted to..." It's like she just stuck a knife in my heart, I covered my mouth, "Lainey I'm sorry."
"No, you don't get to say that to the one person who stuck by you this whole time ."
"Lainey I didn't mean it."
"Fuck you."
I stormed out of her room.
"Hey." Caleb said, "you okay?"
"Leave me alone."
I pushed past him and got into my car. I was so frustrated with her. Cheating who does she think she is? Fuck her.
I started to drive off anger. I pulled into my drive way and I walked in.
"What happened?" Cole asked.
"I'm fucking done." I said.
"Woah, what happened?" He looked really concerned.
"I can't repeat it." I covered my face and started to cry.
He came up to me and hugged me tight. I was so frustrated after what she said to me.
Soon I calmed down and Cole let me pick the next movie.
"Lainey I'm here for you, you know that right?"
"Yeah I know, just the one person who I thought I could rely on got pulled out from underneath me."
"Maybe you should take a nice warm shower."
"I think you're right." I sniffled.
Cole's POV
I heard the shower start and I can't even imagine what Iris said to Lainey. It honestly must of been bad. I thought I can maybe make her feel better. I took off my clothes and walked into the bathroom. The mirror was steamed up already. I saw Lainey's figure behind the shower curtain. I just want her to be happy again, it kills me when she's sad and angry like this.
I opened up the shower curtain and she looked at me confused trying to hide her body.
I've never seen her fully naked standing I front of me before.
"Lainey." I pulled her arms away from her self.
I stepped into the shower, then I placed a soft kiss against her lips.
"Cole, what are you doing?"
"Saving water." I gave her an innocent smile.
I leaned in and kissed her passionately.
Travis's POV
I paced around my room, I didn't know what to do. Should I buy her flowers? Shit, why would I buy her flowers if I didn't even do anything. Honestly I'm the one who should be mad at her. Letting someone else touch her like that.
"Ugh! Why the fuck would she do that?" I slammed my hand Down on my desk.
"Hunny what's the matter?" My mom came in.
"Iris, she won't talk to me because she cheated on me."
"Well, maybe you should give her some time, let her cool off. Make sure you do to." She kissed my forehead.
"Thanks mom." I smiled.
I stared at my bruised knuckles, I just keep replaying the horrific look that was on Iris's face when I hit that guy so hard.
I took a deep breath and calmed my self down a little bit.
I should just take a walk and maybe get some ice cream because why not.
All the nature was just beautiful, I didn't walk very fast because I wanted to enjoy it before they all die.
I made it into the ice cream shop and then smiled at the clerk.
"Hi can I have a medium chocolate in a bowl."
"You sure can." He smiled at me.
He had brown hair and gold eyes, he did look kind of funny with his uniform on.
"That would be $4.50." He stuck his hand out toward me.
I handed him exact change and then he handed me my order.
I heard the bell to the door ring and I saw Iris and her brother.
She had her black hoodie on hiding her face thinking that she was a ghost.
I went up to her and she looked shocked.
"We need to talk." I said.
We went outside in front of the store.
"What Travis?"
"Why are you ignoring me?" I asked.
"I'm not."
"I should be pissed at you right now not the other way."
"I just I don't know I feel so ashamed and I don't want you to look at me like I'm disgusting. I can't bare it." She twiddled her fingers.
"Iris, I am mad at you but I'm not disgusted. I'm more pissed off at the fact your acting like this. It's not fair."
"I know. I just also really fucked things up with Lainey."
"What did you do?"
"She came in yelling at me because of what I did and then I started yelling and I said something I can't take back. She hates me."
"What did you say?"
"I can't repeat it." She looked ashamed.
"Oh... I'm sure it will be okay." I hugged her.
"Thanks, babe. I'm so sorry I did that to you I don't know what's wrong with me."
"It's okay everyone makes bad choices."
I laid a small kiss on her forehead.
"I think it might be a little bit more then that." She said.
"I'm sure it's okay." I wrapped my strong arms around her.