Chapter Fourteen: Planning

Song: Low by Grayson Chance

Cole's POV
"Lainey I'm so sorry!" I heard a yelling at the door.
I rolled my eyes open realizing who it was. We were fast a sleep on the couch. Lainey was so warm I didn't want to move.
"I see you!" Iris shouted and banged on the window some more.
"Jeez." Lainey detached from me.
"Ugh your so warm and comfy." I got up and hugged her.
"I have to deal with this." She said.
She opened her door and Iris was standing there looking like a mess.
"How high are you?" Lainey asked.
"Only a smidgen."
"Good bye." Lainey tried to push the door shut.
"Lainey! Listen to me!" Iris shouted.
"What."
"I'm so sorry about what I said it just came out. I honestly feel like your slipping through my fingers because your leaving soon."
"That's not an excuse."
"I know."
"Iris, you just don't care about anyone's feelings. If you really felt like that then you would treat me like a normal human being."
"What? I do!"
"Not lately, you've been super bitchy."
"I know and I'm so sorry."
I sunk deeper in the couch pretending I wasn't there.
"Okay fine, I forgive you." Lainey said.
My head popped up, she didn't just forgive her.
"What?" Iris sounded shocked.
"I forgive you. I don't have the Energy to fight with you. Now I really have to go back with my boyfriend."
"Oh okay, bye Lainey." Iris smiled.
"Bye." Lainey smiled.
She threw herself on the couch and sighed.
"Did you really just forgave her?" I asked.
"Pft, no, I honestly just wanted her to leave so we can go back to sleep."
"Are you okay though?"
"Yeah, I'll live."
"Are you sure?"
She looked at me and nodded. I hope they will get over everything and befriends already.
Lainey curled up next to me and I enjoyed her warmth. Our eyelids got heavy and we eventually fell asleep. He was acting really weird like cuddly and clingy today.
Iris's POV
"So, Lainey's birthday is coming up soon mom and I really want to do something special."
"What is it?" She rolled her eyes while she stared dinner.
"I want to throw a party for her Friday."
"Your father and I aren't going to be here this weekend."
"I know but like her birthday is Friday."
"Nothing ever comes good from a party, you know this from experience."
"Mom! Please! It's Lainey, she's always responsible." I said.
"She is." She contemplated.
"Please."
"Ugh, I guess so." She got her purse and hopped off to her time consuming job.
My mom is super lenient with things which I'm totally okay with.
I called Travis to come over and help me plan.
•three hours later•
"Ugh! My head hurts." He groaned.
"I know baby, but at least we got a lot done." I ran my fingers through his thick dark hair.
"I think I deserve an award." He smirked at me.
"Oh really now?"
He nodded.
I sat in his lap and we started to kiss. Electric sparks ran through me every time I kissed him. I think I honestly love him.
He's been so much better with his attitude lately. He hasn't been lashing out at Lainey at all or anyone.
"Hey, is anyone home?" My brother yelled from the front door.
I rolled my eyes, I got off of Travis and he seemed annoyed that he's home.
I heard a girls giggling and then my ears perked up.
They came into the room making out.
This mystery girl was wearing a blue crop top with high waisted blue jeans. She was curvy. Her long blond hair just reached her butt and hazel blue eyes. She kind of looked like Lainey.
"Hi." I rolled my eyes.
He seemed shocked and pulled away.
"Oh hey..."
"Whatcha doing?" I asked.
"You know...anyways this is Lily we'll be in my room."
He ran upstairs with her hand in his.
"Didn't she look like Lainey?"
"You're crazy babe." He kissed my cheek.
I turned on a funny movie and we hung out for a bit.
Cole's POV
"I don't want to be here." I rolled my eyes.
"Shut up Cole. You know when your dad comes it's not fun for for either of us." My mom yelled at me.
"Why does he have to come when I'm actually happy in my life?"
"It's just dinner."
"It's never just a dinner when he throws you into a cabinet."
"Cole! Just stop..." She looked at me like she was about to cry, "If we don't have dinner with him then he will take you away because your still 17. Do you want to deal with that?"
I shook my head no. We heard the door bell ring and I think I almost shit my pants. I hate my dad so so so much. He's just an angry man who hates everything.
My mom opened the door slowly and he came marching in. He was very muscular so there was no way I could fight him. Fuck.
"Hey kiddo." He chuckled evilly.
He sat down at the dinning table.
"So, how's school?"
"Uh, it's fine." I mumbled.
"Do you have a girlfriend?"
"No." I said.
I would never tell him about Lainey that shit could get ugly real fast with him.
"Oh really... you know I was scrolling through Facebook and I saw you kissing some blonde chicks cheek with hearts."
"Oh... uh." I tried to come up with a lie but I was frozen in fear.
"Boy! You know I don't like fucking liars."
He stood up and toward over me. He grabbed me by the collar and punched me.
He didn't do it as hard as he could have. He then threw me down on the ground. He threw my plate on the ground next to me.
"If your going to lie then you can eat off the floor like a dog." He huffed.
I nodded with my cheek throbbing and I am pretty sure it was bleeding.
My phone buzzed and I went to look at it and it was a text from Lainey.
L •hey cutie can I come over tonight?•
C •no, tonight isn't a good time•
L •why not?•
C •because I have a lot of stuff to do. You should hang out with Iris she seems like she really misses you.•
L •I don't want to hang out with her I want to hang out with my baby.•
C •not tonight lane. I'll talk to you tomorrow•
"Cole! I want to meet this little bitch of yours." He said.
"She's super busy with work and stuff."
"Well I'm not leaving until I do."
"Uh, I'll ask her tomorrow."
"I'll be over at 6 pm for another meal. I'm expecting her to be here."
I nodded from the floor.