The Show, The After Party, The Hotel

"Girl, he is STILL fine!" Y/n hollered, standing in the mirror, touching up her make-up.

"Y/n I need you to let it go, okay? That man got kids as old as you. He is a father to adults. " her best friend, Alyssa said.

"Well shiiiiid, he can be my zaddy." Y/n stuck her tongue out and wiggled her hips, making Alyssa shake her head.

"You a whole damn mess! If you gon' act like this at the concert, I'm not goin' with you."
Y/n raised an eyebrow.
"Oh yes, the hell, you are! We've been waiting for this tour for two years! We missed the one in 2015 cause you was bullshittin'." Alyssa's reason for not being able to go was valid but Y/n still felt some type of way about missing her favorite group, reunited.

"Bitch, I had a baby. Like a whole baby." Alyssa looked st her friend as if she were crazy; at this moment she was sure she was.

"Whatever! You're going and you will NOT judge my inappropriate advances toward Devante Swing aka Daddy Devante."

"I can't stand yo' delusional ass." Alyssa rolled her eyes.

"I know. Go get dressed." Y/n grinned before disappearing into the bathroom.

Y/n had waited, literally, her whole life to see her favorite group Jodeci in concert and it was finally happening. No one understood her love for them, mainly because they all thought she was way too young to even fully grasp the greatness of the group... but she knew. She'd gotten her first taste of R&B music at four years old when she "accidentally" stumbled upon their MTV Unplugged performance one night, at a time she definitely wasn't supposed to be awake. All it took was the beginning of "Stay" to captivate her and she'd been hooked ever since, not just on their music itself but on DeVante Swing. She may have been young but she knew fine and HE was the epitome of the word.
"Alright, you ready?" Y/n asked, looking herself over in her full length mirror. She'd gotten cute for tonight. She was on a mission and she had to be sexy to follow through with it. She adjusted her breasts in her body con dress, to give herself a bit more cleavage then flipped her box braids to one side before posing in the mirror. She was turning her damn self on with how good she looked so she knew no man could resist her...not even Devante Swing.

"Oh okay, hoe. You tryin' to show me up?" Alyssa eyed Y/n. playfully sucking her teeth. She'd chosen a simpler outfit; a high waisted, multicolored striped skirt with a black crop top. While Y/n was strutting around in heels, Alyssa donned a pair of flat, strapped sandals.

"Girl, stop. You look sexy as hell. All of this...." Y/n ran her hands down the sides of her body.
"Is for Devante." She smirked.
"You're sick, you know that?" Alyssa chuckled.
"Am I?" Y/n squinted and tilted her head at her friend. After a moment of silence, Alyssa laughed and nodded.
"Ok you're right he's still fine BUT he's 20 years older than you."

"And?" Y/n shot her friend the "duh" face.
"Aaaand what are you gonna do with that? You damn sho' ain't finna be wifey and hell, you don't even know if he can put it down like that anymore. He almost 50!- you know what? Why am I talkin' about this? You'll be lucky if you get past the rest of the groupi-" she caught herself. She wouldn't call her best friend a groupie, per sé. That was a bit extreme.
"Women trying to get his attention." She corrected.
Y/n side eyed her before speaking.
"Well good thing I won't be trying to get his attention."
Alyssa scrunched up her nose.
"You literally got dressed the hell up to catch his eye and-"
"He don't know that. I got a plaaaan. Now let's go. I don't wanna miss anything!" Y/n beamed. They quickly left her apartment and made their way to the concert venue.

Her anticipation built as the medium sized venue filled up. The seating was general admission which meant it was first come, first serve. Y/n and Alyssa had gotten there in enough time to get seats in the second row, right in the middle of the row. The 26-year old couldn't have been happier. She was sure he'd see her.
She stood in the crowd of mostly middle aged women, noticing a few of them giving her and Alyssa dirty looks. She only chuckled. For them to supposedly be twice the woman she and Alyssa were, they sure seemed intimated by their short yet shapely frames.
"Guess the petty don't stop at 30 huh?" Alyssa leaned over and whispers to Y/n but her eyes stayed locked on the older woman who sat a row ahead and three seats down. Every once in a while, she'd glance back at them and roll her eyes or shake her head. Alyssa was always the more reserved friend but she was very close to asking this woman if she had a problem.