Daddy Issues (9)

(Taps my mic) ladies and gentleman, are you ready for the ride?! Ok now I ask that everyone keep their hands and feet inside the car at all times and we'll be just fine. I'm lying but let's do this anyway.

" If you wanna fight, just let me know, okay?"

I said to my reflection in the mirror. Nah I couldn't  go with that. That was way too bold and hella provoking. I'd been trying out different ways to even start the conversation and still, I was getting nowhere. I was honestly getting in my own damn nerves, now.

Fuck, I was just going to come out and say it and speak from my heart. Whatever Dy felt after that, I'd have to accept. We'd already planned to meet up for lunch today. I figured us meeting in a public place would keep her from cutting up too bad.

I threw on a pair of denim jeggings and a simple t-shirt, something i could move in just in case I was wrong about her feeling froggy.

I texted her that I was on the way then I was out the door. My heart raced the whole drive there. I was sitting in perfectly good air conditioning yet beads of sweat still formed on my forehead .

Once I got to the restaurant, I spent ten minutes trying to find street parking. Maybe I should've took that as a sign to take my ass back home– I mean aaaall the way back home to my mama.

I found a spot anyway and went directly to the outdoor patio where I knew she'd be sitting.
There she was just as cute as can be in a pair of capris and s crop top. She was sipping a glass of water, completely  oblivious to the bomb I was about to drop.

"Hey." I smiled nervously as I set my purse on the table.  Dy beamed, standing up to hug me.

"Hey, honey! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." She looked me over while shaking her head.  I think I still looked the same. I hadn't started gaining any weight just yet but I still felt fat.

"I know, girl. I'm sorry I just been super busy." That was true! On top of me kind of avoiding her, we hadn't physically seen each other in a couple of weeks and I'd downgraded our talking to text messages to avoid me accidentally exposing myself. With texts, I had a minute to think about what I wanted to say.

"Busy bein' a star-uh." She cocked her head to the side, flicking her wrist at me. I chuckled and looked around for our waiter. I needed a drink and instantly got sad because I couldn't even sip a little bit of liquid courage to get me through this shit. This kid is killin' my buzz already.

Dy flagged down the waitress and we finally ordered our food– I just got an appetizer with an iced tea and Dy ordered her food with her usual mango margarita. She looked at me a little confused that I didn't order the same, but didn't say anything. For all she knew, maybe I just didn't feel like drinking today.

We ate and talked about nothing in particular; our usual dialogue but as slowly as I ate, the conversation was settling and the deed was approaching fast. Too damn fast!

"You okay? You haven't really touched your food." Dy asked, slightly frowning with concern.

"Not really. I um" oh, no don't cry yet! Just get the damn words out, Ivy! I took a deep breath and glanced at her. "....I'm pregnant." I looked down at my plate in shame but Dyana's shriek of excitement got my attention again.

"Oh my Goooood! Why didn't you tell me before? Wait were you pregnant in North Carolina? cause we were drinkin', heffa!ñ she frowned only to smile again. "I'm so happy for you! Ugh! I can't wait to buy little baby clothes." She rambled enthusiastically, taking my hands in hers and pulling me up into a hug.